Applications open: 15/01/2024
Applications close: 6/03/2024
View printable version [.pdf]
About this scholarship
Disclaimer Information – Information in this website is published as “preview” and may change from time to time.
The Rider Levett Bucknall Scholarships have been developed by Rider Levett Bucknall in conjunction with Curtin University to encourage and support students progressing into their third or fourth year of Construction Management course at Curtin University in 2025.
One Rider Levett Bucknall Third Year Scholarship will be offered to a current second year student.
One Rider Levett Bucknall Fourth Year Scholarship will be offered to a current third year student.
Rider Levett Bucknall is a leading Australian and Global Quantity Surveying, Cost Management and Property Advisory consultancy. Rider Levett Bucknall has been operating continuously in Perth for over 50 Years and has been involved in many of its major construction projects.
- Current Students
- Faculty of Humanities
- Australian Citizen
- Australian Permanent Resident
- New Zealand Citizen
- Permanent Humanitarian Visa
- Merit Based
The Rider Levett Bucknall Scholarship will provide the following support (based on a full-time enrolment of 100 credits per semester):
- A one-off cash payment of $2,000. The stipend may be used at the recipient’s discretion to contribute towards payment of their course fees, or for other education related expenses such as textbooks and/or general living expenses.
- The recipient will also be given the guaranteed opportunity to undertake paid work experience which could satisfy the practical experience component of the program.
Payment will be made in mid-late April 2025 depending on receipt of payment from Rider Levett Bucknall. However, their paid work experience may commence in 2024.
Bachelor of Applied Science (Construction Management)
Applicants must meet all of the following criteria to be eligible to apply for the Rider Levett Bucknall Scholarship:
- Australian or New Zealand Citizen, Australian Permanent Resident or Australian Permanent Humanitarian Visa holder
- Enrolled full-time (100 credits per semester) at Curtin University
- Currently enrolled in a Bachelor of Applied Science (Construction Management) in their second or third year in 2024
- Will be enrolled in a Bachelor of Applied Science (Construction Management) in their third or fourth year in 2025
- Have a minimum Course Weighted Average (CWA) of 65
- Not be in receipt of any other industry sponsored scholarship
Students below are not eligible for this scholarship:
- Enrolled through OUA
- Students from all other institutions who are enrolled in a Curtin course as part of cross-institutional studies where their qualification will be awarded by their home institution
Step 1: Access application form
- Application form can be accessed via ‘My Studies’ tab in OASIS or via the ‘Apply Online’ button on the top right-hand side of this page
Step 2: Complete
- Complete the application form online
- Application form can be saved at any point of the process
- Multiple scholarships can be applied for at one time
- Applying for a scholarship – See guidelines and tips (including the interview preparation) on how to complete your application
Step 3: Submit
- Closing date is listed at the top of the page and within the Scholarships Channel (Student OASIS)
- Incomplete applications will not be assessed
- Once submitted, application status will change to submitted
Step 4: Receipt
- Application receipt sent to student email once application has been submitted
Step 5: Assessment
- Applications will be assessed by an assessment panel using the following criteria:
- Responses to questions in application form
- Academic merit
- Personal attributes
- Interview performance (for shortlisted applicants)
- Assessment will have consideration for increasing diversity in construction industry and will consider gender and Aboriginal heritage.
Step 6: Shortlist for Interview
- Shortlisted applicants will be sent an interview date and time via their student email in early September
- Shortlisted applicants must be available for designated interview time (mid to late September)
- Unsuccessful applicants will be sent a notification via the Scholarship Channel (Student OASIS)
Step 7: Outcome
- Successful and unsuccessful interview applicants will be notified of their outcome via the Scholarship Channel (Student OASIS) within 6-8 weeks of closing date
Step 8: Acceptance
- Successful applicants must accept the terms and conditions via the Scholarship Channel (Student OASIS) by the deadline
- Scholarship will be awarded if there are applicants of sufficient merit
- Scholarship will commence from 2025
- Scholarship is not transferable to another major, course or university
Recipients must meet all of the following:
- Remain enrolled in the eligible course, major and year level of study
- Maintain a full-time enrolment of at least 100 credits each semester at Curtin University
- Maintain a course weighted average (CWA) of at least 65 each semester
- Pass all units attempted each semester
- Submit a 1000 word written report outlining their scholarship experiences at the conclusion of the scholarship in early December 2025
- Not apply for or receive any other non-Curtin sponsored scholarship whilst receiving the Rider Levett Bucknall Scholarship
T: 1300 222 888
Visit our Frequently Asked Questions
For further information about applying for scholarships including important dates and tips for preparing your application, utilise the resources available on the Applying for Scholarships webpage.
Scholarships Email Alert
Sign up now
View or Apply
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your email – cover/motivation letter where (tendersglobal.net) you saw this job posting.