Area of research:
Other,Diplom & Master
You are researching in the topic of formalizing differential equations (DEQ). A lot of temporal processes in the area of engineering can be described by DEQ. This can be systems such as mass-spring or charging a capacitor. You will apply temporal logic to this problem to define requirements for the described system and finally analyze which properties might be checked automatically.
As part of your work you will:
- analyze which classes of DEQs are common to engineering problems
- analyze existing temporal logics for their application to DEQs
- define a mapping for a set of selected temporal logics
- evaluate the capabilities as well as pros and cons regarding the applicability for verifying properties of the DEQ
- implement your findings into a prototype automatically checking a set of requirements for a given DEQ
If you enjoy developing software and want to become a part of our team, we are looking forward to receiving your application. We are interested in highly motivated students who deliver high quality work. We offer you the possibility to bring in your own ideas and research topics.
This research center is part of the Helmholtz Association of German Research Centers. With more than 42,000 employees and an annual budget of over € 5 billion, the Helmholtz Association is Germany’s largest scientific organisation.