Terre des hommes Foundation (Tdh)
The purpose of the social worker is to support the CP worker of DOLSA in setting up the multi-disciplinary roundtables for the implementation of the reintegration care plans of children and youth released from detention and also to provide comprehensive case management support to children inside the detention centres. Provides capacity building and technical support on case management and monitor the implementation of reintegration plans for Juveniles in Kirkuk in collaboration with DOLSA and other local stakeholders.
Main responsibilities :
1. Community based activities
· Mobilize the relevant community members
· Conduct sensitization sessions with the communities in order for them to identify a strategy for the reintegration of children in contact with the law
· Conduct peace education sessions
2. Coordination with other teams and services
· Conduct and regularly update service mapping and develop a referral pathway, in coordination and as requested by line manager
· Disseminate information regarding available resources and services provided in the area of intervention and other areas
· Work in coordination with other teams to identify child protection concerns and children in need of case management services
3. Resource management, data management, and reporting
· Use programme resources effectively and with care
· Ensure proper record keeping of cases, ensuring confidentiality, and ensure that data collected is received and recorded by the data management staff in a timely and accurate manner.
· Identify logistic and admin support needs related to the case management activities and communicates these to the relevant log/admin support person, with the knowledge of his/her supervisor.
· Ensure appropriate management and storage of program material, equipment, information.
4. Problem-solving and team work
· Contribute to the management of programme activities, according to the strategies communicated by line managers and the overall programme manager, in order to reach programme objectives
· Develop common priority actions leading to solutions to the identified problems
· Identify the problems associated with the delivery of the programme and inform line manager, HR, logistics, beneficiaries in accordance with line manager’s orientations
· Attend and take part in the meetings necessary for passing on information for the smooth running of activities
· Help line manager in setting up the activities schedule every week
· Attend relevant trainings on Protection, Child Protection, Case Management, CCCM and others, in accordance with the line management.
5. Networking / external coordination
· Maintain liaison with the local government officials, other NGOs and community-based organizations at the community level to ensure their cooperation and coordination for effective implementation of the programme in the areas.
· Under supervision of line manager, represent Tdh on local exercises in his/her geographic area of responsibility.
· Always keep in close contact with respective local government department to ensure their active participation for effective implementation of the programme activities as well as proper use of resources.
· In general, make sure that a positive and professional image of Tdh is conveyed. In particular, ensure that Tdh’s mandate, thematic policies, ethics, values and views are followed in relation to third parties.
Required Competencies: This function requires the following competencies:
· Good command of Arabic, English is an asset.
· Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field (social work, psychology, education, social sciences, etc.).
· Superior organizational skills, ability to prioritize, and to take initiative, with a result-oriented approach and positive attitude.
· At least two years of humanitarian experience is required. Previous NGO experience, and especially case management experience, is a distinct advantage.
· The ability to communicate effectively with children and adults, local authorities and other partners, and express oneself in a clear and concise way.
· Proficient capacity building skills and previous capacity building experience.
· Good knowledge of MS Excel, MS Word and MS.
· Ability to work in unstable, uncertain or potentially dangerous environments, independently and in a team.
· Ability and willingness to travel within the governorate and other parts of Iraq.
· Strong cross-cultural communication and resilience skills.
· The post holder must know, implement and promote humanitarian principles and specifically child protection principles and information management principles.
· The post holder is polite, respectful, honest, punctual (and respects deadlines), creative, pacifist, proactive, committed and – during office hours – non-political. S/he is in constant exchange with colleagues and supervisors, communicates problems and enriches discussions. S/he treats people of different religion, age, sex, and economic status appropriate and equally and actively ensures their wellbeing and raises his/her voice when required. S/he is willing to improve own capacities and is open for all topics Tdh is working on to actively contribute to a comprehensive programme implementation.
· S/he uses Tdh equipment, vehicles, resources and premises economically and responsibly. S/he positively represents Tdh towards beneficiaries, stakeholders and the general public.
Child Safeguarding Policy
· Raising awareness within the Foundation on violence against children.
· Providing guidance to employees and others and defining expectations when it comes to preventing, raising, denouncing and responding to issues of child abuse.
· Reducing the risk of child abuse by selectively recruiting employees and others.
Reducing the risk of child abuse by developing a culture of open and informed leadership within the organization and in our work with children.
Application should contain the following two attachments: CV and Cover letter.
Application should be submitted to ” [email protected] ” with writing the exact subject (Social Worker – KUK). Otherwise CV not be accepted.
- Sending CV with Link will be disregarded.
- Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
- This Position on Rolling bases
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your email/cover letter where (tendersglobal.net) you saw this job posting.