Location: Berlin, Germany
Application deadline: Rolling
Earliest starting date: October 2022
CDP Europe is seeking a highly motivated individual to support CDP’s corporate engagement work in Continental Europe. In your role as Account Manager Reporter Services, you will accelerate our mission and motivate global multinationals with expertise, enthusiasm and endurance on the strategic journey to limiting climate change, improving water stewardship and forest-related practices from direct corporate business practices.
THE ROLE INCLUDES
- Managing a portfolio of European companies – members of the CDP Reporter Services program (“program members”), and managing the relationship of these members with CDP;
- Supporting program members in improving the quality of their CDP disclosure: providing high-level and strategic score feedback, conducting detailed gap analyses of members’ disclosure and formulating action-driven recommendations;
- Supporting program members in advancing their sustainability strategies and staying ahead of the curve: facilitating the understanding of best environmental practices, data driven insights, benchmarking and learning from peers;
- Engaging program members on thought leadership practices, notably supply chain engagement, science-based targets, transition planning and renewable energy, often in collaboration with other CDP teams;
- Ensuring membership renewals and upgrades, developing leads and converting them into new program members;
- Contributing to the wider development and strategy of the CDP Reporter Services program, potentially: developing data and analytics products, producing insightful events and webinars, enhancing sales and marketing tools, feeding into CDP questionnaires’ development, ensuring relevant information flow with CDP Policy team, strengthening team’s processes and training;
- Public speaking representing CDP and Reporter Services as a subject matter expert;
- Assisting with ad-hoc tasks within the team and in collaboration with other CDP teams.
THE SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATE SHOULD HAVE
- Minimum BA/BSc degree;
- Keen interest in corporate sustainability themes;
- Experience in working on climate change and sustainability topics, with a special focus on GHG emissions and/or water and/or forest and/or nature – within a corporate environment a plus;
- Experience in account management and or client-facing role desirable;
- Proven analytical skills, ability to convey complex information in a simple and effective way;
- Strong organisational and planning skills, both at strategic and operational levels;
- Very good Microsoft Office skills, in particular Excel and PowerPoint, additional exposure to visual or analytical software is welcome;
- Good communication skills, ability to interact convincingly with people at different levels of seniority and different cultural backgrounds;
- Flexibility and creative problem-solving;
- Ability to work within an annual process with shifting priorities;
- Willingness to travel across continental Europe on occasion;
- Fluent in spoken and written English; German or any other major European language a plus (French/Italian/Spanish).
WHAT WE OFFER
- Modern office at Sony Centre/Potsdamer Platz with free hot and cold beverages;
- Exciting and challenging tasks in a dynamic, innovative and highly motivated team;
- Working with many dedicated and passionate people for a good cause;
- Competitive NGO salary;
- 30 days annual holidays;
- Flexible working hours;
- Monthly contribution to public transport ticket (BVG Monatskarte);
- Non-contributory Pension: 8% annually of gross salary (after probation period);
- Annual Bonus based on company performance;
- Urban Sports Club membership;
- Free German lessons;
- 30 days of working abroad;
The successful candidate will work five days per week and must be able to work legally in Germany. This full-time role is based at our office in Berlin, Germany. The initial contract will be provided for two years, with the aim of long-term cooperation.
Interested? Interested candidates should submit their complete application documents (motivation letter, CV, references/certificates and salary expectations) in English, via our recruiting platform, addressed to the HR Department.
Please note that we only provide feedback to shortlisted candidates due to the sheer volume of applications. If you do not hear from us within 21 days of the closing date, please assume your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. Thank you for your understanding.
CDP is a global non-profit that runs the world’s environmental disclosure system for companies, cities, states and regions. Founded in 2000 and working with more than 680 financial institutions with over $130 trillion in assets, CDP pioneered using capital markets and corporate procurement to motivate companies to disclose their environmental impacts, and to reduce greenhouse gas emissions, safeguard water resources and protect forests. Over 14,000 organizations around the world disclosed data through CDP in 2021, including more than 13,000 companies worth over 64% of global market capitalization, and over 1,100 cities, states and regions. Fully TCFD aligned, CDP holds the largest environmental database in the world, and CDP scores are widely used to drive investment and procurement decisions towards a zero carbon, sustainable and resilient economy. CDP is a founding member of the Science Based Targets initiative, We Mean Business Coalition, The Investor Agenda and the Net Zero Asset Managers initiative. Visit or follow us @CDP and on LinkedIn to find out more. cdp.net or follow us @CDP and on LinkedIn to find out more.
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your email/cover letter where (ngojobstenders.net) you saw this job posting.