Catholic Charities of North Louisiana
Job Title: Accounting Manager, Catholic Charities of North Louisiana
Reports to: Executive Director
Pay Range: $16.83-$21-.63 hr.
The Accounting Manager is responsible for maintaining records of financial transactions, posting transactions (accts. Payable/Receivable) and running needed reports. The Accounting Manager reports to the Executive Director to ensure the smooth running of all aspects of the office and works closely with Finance Committee of the Board of Directors.
- Records financial transactions through a chart of accounts in QuickBooks;
- Tweaks bookkeeping policies and procedures as set forth by the Finance Committee of the
Board of Directors.
- Maintains subsidiary accounts by verifying, allocating, and posting transactions.
- Balances subsidiary accounts by reconciling entries.
- Maintains general ledger by transferring subsidiary account summaries.
- Balances general ledger by preparing a trial balance; reconciling entries.
- Maintains historical records by filing documents.
- Write weekly checks, prepare deposits, and submit biweekly payroll to APS.
- Prepares financial reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing account information and trends.
- Complies with federal, state, and local legal requirements by studying requirements; enforcing adherence to requirements; filing reports; advising management on needed actions.
- Keep up with Who’s Where report for Diocese of Shreveport.
- Maintains office supplies inventory by checking stock to determine inventory level; anticipating needed supplies; evaluating new office products; placing and expediting orders for supplies; verifying receipt of supplies.
- Process employer/employee retirement contributions concurrently with payroll.
- Assist Executive Director with duties as assigned.
- Contribute positively to team and agency goals.
Skills/Qualifications: Administrative Communication Skills, Reporting Skills, Supply Management, Scheduling, Microsoft OfficeSkills, knowledge of QuickBooks, Time Management, Presentation Skills, Equipment Maintenance,Superior Confidentiality Ethics. Bachelor’s degree preferred.This position description intends to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. It is not intended to include all duties and responsibilities. The order in which duties and responsibilities are listed is not significant. Because of a need to remain responsive to the needs of our clients and our Agency’s operations, responsibilities may be modified at any time.
WORK HOURS AND LOCATION
8:30 a.m.-5:00 p.m. (occasional evening and weekend work required).
Catholic Charities of North Louisiana, 902 Olive Street, Shreveport, LA 71104.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $35,000.00 – $45,000.00 per year
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- Monday to Friday
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Shreveport, LA 71104: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
- GAAP: 1 year (Preferred)
Work Location: One location
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (tendersglobal.net) you saw this posting.