Caritas Switzerland is a leading relief organisation in the field of development cooperation and humanitarian aid. Our primary goal is poverty reduction. The International Cooperation (IC) programmes are spread across 15 country organisations and focus on income generation, climate change and migration. The Acquisition Unit is responsible for the financing of IC programmes by bilateral and multilateral donors. The Acquisition Specialist supports the IC division in expanding institutional acquisition competencies.
- Organisation and preparation of project descriptions and funding applications to bilateral and multilateral donors in close cooperation with the respective country programmes.
- Support and advice for country programmes regarding acquisition (funding opportunities, donor requirements, application)
- Observation of trends in the donor market, monitoring of tenders and verification of eligibility conditions
- Developing and assessing new sources of funding
- Account management of selected donors, as well as active support in network maintenance
- Standardisation of the acquisition process, as well as reappraisal of institutional knowledge in acquisition
- Organisation and moderation of trainings, workshops and presentations on acquisition-relevant topics
- Representation of the IC / Acquisition Unit at donor and professional events
- University degree with proven knowledge in one/several of the following areas: International cooperation, business/economics, communication
- Practical experience in one/several of the following areas: Project acquisition, fundraising, project management, CRM or comparable; relevant work experience abroad is considered an asset
- Knowledge of actors and contexts in international cooperation
- Very good language skills in German, French and English
- High written and oral communication skills and intercultural sensitivity
- Good organisational skills and ability to work accurately, efficiently and effectively under time pressure.
Your place of work will be Lucerne.
Starting date: 01.01.2024
Temporary until 30.09.2024 with option to extend
Option of 50 % Homeoffice
Caritas offers attractive working conditions and an open working atmosphere in an international field of activities. For the active development and implementation of the digital transformation, we count on employees with a digital and agile mindset who are keen to participate in processes of change.
How to apply
For further information please contact: Ms Marion Schröder, Co-Head of Acquisition and Compliance, Phone +41 41 419 22 65.
Thank you for your interest. We look forward to receiving your job application by 22 november 2023 latest through our web portal. Apply here online
Caritas Switzerland, Adligenswilerstrasse 15, 6002 Lucerne