KANSAS CITY HOSPICE & PALLIATIVE CARE
Administrative Assistant II
Join our team who are making a difference, not just in healthcare, but right here in the heart of our community!
Kansas City Hospice and Palliative Care, the largest non-profit hospice agency in Kansas City, believes our care model provides the best possible service to our patients and their families.
Each day you will know that you and your team are making a difference in the lives of others.
The Administrative Assistant II reports to the Manager of Administrative Services of Kansas City Hospice. This position is multi-functional and supports all departments as requested and required. This individual is often the first point of contact that many patients and families have with Kansas City Hospice, both on the phone and in person. Functions vary by site – general and specific functions are included in this summary of duties. This role will be on an as needed basis.
If your heart draws you to Hospice and Palliative care, please apply!
You will enjoy meaningful work!
We Live Our Mission:
“To bring expert care, peace of mind, comfort, guidance, and hope to people who are affected by life-limiting illness or by grief. Our Vision is each person in our community is valued from life through death and each family is supported in their grief.”
We ask you to support us in achieving our Mission and Vision by contributing the following:
- Manages incoming calls, ensuring that calls are processed smoothly and efficiently. Greets and assists visitors, staff and vendors.
- Ensures that calls are routed on and off site at the beginning and end of each day.
- Oversees and processes the mail, both interoffice and US mail.
- Provides support for procuring office supplies and operation of office equipment.
- Coordinates distribution of incoming faxes through the RightFax utility program.
- Manages the in/out board and employee mailboxes.
- Able to place building maintenance calls and interface with vendors as needed.
- Prepares and manages agency packets for a variety of KCH&PC programs.
- Enters use of medical supplies by staff – which are documented on a supply requisition into Suncoast EMR.
- On a daily basis, runs reporting to track patient deaths-communicates with physicians, referral sources regarding patient status. Documents communication in Suncoast EMR.
- Prepares veteran’s certificates as requested by clinical staff – to present to patients on services.
- Typing, duplication, special projects and additional secretarial tasks requested by various staff and departments.
- Cross trained to other positions as requested and required.
- Work and communicate with staff, volunteers, patients, visitors, referral sources, insurance case managers, and physicians in a positive and cooperative manner when providing information or services, seeking assistance or solving problems.
- Maintains positive work relationships and contributes to a team environment.
The Ideal Candidate Will Possess the Following Requirements:
- Minimum of two years of experience with general office practices.
- Experience in customer service agencies preferred.
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent organizational skills (oral and written) and the ability to excel at details, multi-tasking and working under pressure.
- Knowledge and skill of MS Office, Word and Excel.
- Good phone and public communication etiquette.
Not all Hospice care organizations are created equal.
Learn why Kansas City Hospice & Palliative Care is truly special!
Kansas City Hospice and Palliative Care is an equal-opportunity, drug-free employer committed to diversity in the workplace. Minority/Female/Disabled/Protected Veteran/LGBTQIA persons encouraged to apply. We are dedicated and committed to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (DEI). We don’t just accept differences—we celebrate them, we support them, and we thrive on them for the benefit of our employees, our patients, and our community. Our diversity defines us. It binds us. It makes us great.
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, Kansas City Hospice and Palliative Care and its affiliate companies now require all employees to provide proof of full COVID-19 vaccination and Influenza vaccination prior to beginning employment or request a medical or religious exemption. Kansas City Hospice and Palliative Care adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement, physical agilities requirements as measured by agility testing, unsuccessful clearance on background investigation, including drug screening, may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment.
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (tendersglobal.net) you saw this posting.