IFRC - International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies
The International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies (IFRC) is the world’s largest humanitarian organization, with a network of 191-member National Societies. The overall aim of the IFRC is “to inspire, encourage, facilitate, and promote at all times all forms of humanitarian activities by National Societies with a view to preventing and alleviating human suffering and thereby contributing to the maintenance and promotion of human dignity and peace in the world.” The IFRC works to meet the needs and improve the lives of vulnerable people before, during and after disasters, health emergencies and other crises.
The IFRC is part of the International Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement (Movement), together with its member National Societies and the International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC). The work of the IFRC is guided by the following fundamental principles: humanity, impartiality, neutrality, independence, voluntary service, unity, and universality.
The IFRC is led by its Secretary General, and has its Headquarters in Geneva, Switzerland. The Headquarters are organized into three main Divisions: (i) National Society Development and Operations Coordination; (ii) Global Relations, Humanitarian Diplomacy and Digitalization; and (iii) Management Policy, Strategy and Corporate Services.
The IFRC has five regional offices in Africa, Asia Pacific, Middle East and North Africa, Europe, and the Americas. The IFRC also has country cluster delegation and country delegations throughout the world. Together, the Geneva Headquarters and the field structure (regional, cluster and country) comprise the IFRC Secretariat.
To assist the Asia Pacific Regional Office (APRO) Humanitarian Diplomacy and Liaison Unit and Communications Unit, to ensure that the units are managed effectively and in accordance with the IFRC procedures and regulations.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Support the said units in the APRO in all daily administrative duties.
- Maintain an up-to-date annual activity and leave calendar for the units.
- In coordination with Country Delegations (CD) and Country Cluster Delegations (CCD), keep the up-to-date contact lists of the IFRC structures, National Societies and other important partners.
- Serve as a point of contact for staff in the said units who need information or support from the Regional Office (RO) and direct them to the relevant expert and channel communication as needed.
- Disseminate information on upcoming meetings/trainings/workshops etc. to Asia Pacific (AP) CD/CCD and other contacts on behalf of the unit.
- Support the said units by preparing briefing and debriefing programmes with various units within APRO, for visitors and new staff/delegates.
- Provide peer support to the national society regarding their travel arrangement, insurance, visa, etc based on the IFRC travel policy.
- Provide administrative support to event which involves a High-Level Management – Movement Induction Course (MIC), AP Regional Conference and also coordination for other meetings.
- Coordinate admin support between other units in APRO and the said units
- Support the out-posted delegates to link with the said units and APRO including to obtain approval from the Head of Units with the request for travel /expenses.
- Prepare Requisition Form and Purchase Order for the procurement process and obtain relevant signatories.
- Prepare Requests for Payments of various expenses.
- Maintain a standard filing system.
- Drafting letters and other correspondence.
- Responsible for the e-contract process for hiring consultants, developing project agreements with National Societies and service agreements with other external partners and service providers.
- Support the APRO Administration Unit as a part of the extended administration team in various duties.
- In coordination with Admin and HR, to ensure that end of mission process of outgoing staff members from the said units is completed.
Job Duties and Responsibilities (continued)
Logistics / Finance (40%)
- Oversee travel and accommodation arrangements for the said units’ team members, in liaison with the travel agent.
- Oversee travel and accommodation arrangements for the said units’ visitors, in liaison with the travel agent.
- Assist in completing e-travel, and mission expenses system for the said units’ Heads.
- In coordination with APRO Admin team, to support visa applications for unit members’ mission travels.
- Assist in the procurement process for the said units e.g. office equipment.
- Arrange farewell reception and token of appreciation, if required.
- Arrange Federation vehicle/driver for team members/visitors, if required.
- Assist the said units’ Heads in preparing monthly cash forecasts for the finance department.
- Coordinate logistics for global/regional meetings/trainings/workshops/forum taking place in Kuala Lumpur and overseas, including budgeting, scheduling, venue arrangements, meeting room set-up, AV equipment needs, refreshments, printed materials, participants’ management, prepare per diem sheet / arrange disbursement of per diem to the relevant participant(s), invitation letter for visa process, create registration form, RSVP process, prepare the welcome package, arrange welcome dinner reception, arrange certificate of participation (training/workshop), and support the Facilitator(s) admin needs.
- Research and keep updated a calendar of regional events, Observance days, elections etc.
- Research and build an inventory of think-tanks and research institutes.
- Support in media monitoring for Humanitarian Diplomacy and Communications units.
- Support assigned Head of Units with minutes-taking in meetings.
- Any other related job assigned by Line or Technical Manager
- General administration or business administration degree
- Diploma or training in finance management or administration
- At least three years of relevant experience in administration
- Experience of working for an international humanitarian organisation
- Experience of working within the Red Cross/Red Crescent system
Knowledge, Skills and Languages
- Ability to work under stressful conditions, meet deadlines
- Good coordination skills
- Good communication skills
- Good team work skills
- Self-supporting in computers: word processing, spreadsheets and presentations
- Fluently spoken and written English
Competencies, Values and Comments
- Respect for diversity
- Collaboration and teamwork
- Judgement and decision making
- National society and customer relations
- Creativity and innovation
- Building trust
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (tendersglobal.net) you saw this job posting.