International Rescue Committee
Requisition ID: req44756
Job Title: Administration Officer
Sector: Administrative/General Office
Employment Category: Fixed Term
Employment Type: Full-Time
Open to Expatriates: No
Location: Nairobi, Kenya
The International Rescue Committee (IRC) responds to the worlds worst humanitarian crises and helps people to survive and rebuild their lives. Founded in 1933 at the request of Albert Einstein, the IRC offers lifesaving care and life-changing assistance to refugees forced to flee from war or disaster. At work today in over 40 countries and 22 U.S. cities, we restore safety, dignity and hope to millions who are uprooted and struggling to endure. The IRC leads the way from harm to home.
The IRC in Kenya is the primary provider of health services in Kakuma and Hagadera (Dadaab) Refugee Camps, including clinical services, maternal and newborn care, nutrition and immunization services for children and pregnant and lactating women, community health outreach, and HIV-AIDS & TB prevention and care. IRCs office in Lodwar, Turkana County, serves local communities through livelihoods support programming, support to VSLAs and womens and girls safe spaces, and efforts aimed at preventing and responding to gender-based violence. In Nairobi and Kajiado counties, IRC supports urban refugees and vulnerable populations through its Economic Recovery and Development (ERD) programming, as well as through protection and advocacy efforts. As of June 2021, IRC began implementing nutrition and womens protection and empowerment (WPE) programming in West Pokot County, in collaboration with local partners.
SCOPE OF WORK
Under the direct supervision of the Urban Support Coordinator, the Admin Officer is responsible for managing the admin functions to ensure efficient service delivery of the Teach Well project. This includes planning, organizing and ex.
- Proactively monitor and assess administration achievements quarterly, ensuring tracking systems and reports are in place to support administrative and management processes.
- Ensure a smooth and adequate sitting space for all the staff and visitors.
- Ensuring elaborate orientation for both new staff, vendors, and visitors in the office.
- In coordination with the Urban program Coordinator ensure there are adequate office supplies in the office.
- The admin officer ensures there is a proper inventory of office supplies in place.
- Act as focal point for all issues regarding all communication service provider by providing support and managing request from staff.
- Manage office courier services and coordinate. Ensure both incoming and outgoing mails are properly logged in and timely dispatch is done.
- Coordinate with the admin in charge of facilities and construction manager on repair and management of the office furniture.
- Monitor and supervise all consumable and restocking low level items for the Teach well office.
- Prepare and submit Quarterly Facilities and Admin reports to the Supply Chain manager by the 5th of each month.
- Work with Transport and travel in Facilitating movement both inland and by air. By coordinating taxi and flight bookings.
- Work with the admin- facilities to ensure all the staff/ visitors that require accommodation are provided accommodation.
- In collaboration with Admi officer- facilities ensure office is clean and well always maintained.
- Make conference bookings both within the office premises and outside the office for the staff and coordinate the effective use of the conference facilities within the office.
- Work with Admin facilities to ensure office is always kept clean and report any broken office furniture to Admin facilities and Supply chain Manager for repair and replacement.
- Ensure all policy updates/changes are posted on the office board.
- Prepare Admin cash projection and spending plan.
- Work with Admin officer facilities to ensure there is adequate first aid kits in the offices and they are replenishing from time to time.
- Perform other administrative duties as assigned by Supervisor.
- Conduct orientation for new staff on camp passes, visa, and work permit processes.
- Maintain all Admin files, folders, and related documents in proper condition.
- Prepare payment request for all work-related Admin working process.
- Perform other Admin duties as assigned by Supervisor.
- College degree or equivalent in Supply Chain, Logistic, Business administration or related field
Required Experience & Competencies:
- Experience as supply chain officer or related disciplines, including planning, procurement, and logistics.
- High level of initiative, Proactive, self-starter.
- Knowledge of supply chain strategies, market analysis, procurement and contracting, vehicle and fleet management, inventory, property and asset management.
- Good reporting and analytical skills.
- Excellent attention to detailed, well-organized and reliable.
- Demonstrated ability to perform a wide range of inter-related complex administrative services.
- Good knowledge of English
- Ability to work in a multicultural environment.
- Knowledge of immigration and travel procedures.
- Knowledge of generic transport procedures and practices. Previous INGO experience is an asset.
IRC is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers all applicants based on merit, without regard to race, sex, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request reasonable accommodation.
Kenyan nationals are encouraged to apply. International allowances are not available for this position. Salary and employee benefits are compliant to the Kenyan NGO Sector.
Apply for this job
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (tendersglobal.net) you saw this posting.