University of California, Irvine
Updated: Nov 23, 2022
Department: Scholarship Opportunities Pgrm
Job Opening ID: 46008
Reports To: Director of the Scholarship Opportunities Program (SOP)
Working Title: Administrative Coordinator
Department: Scholarship Opportunities Pgrm
Bargaining Unit: CX
Payroll Job Code: 004722
Job Location: UCI Campus- Irvine
Percent of Time: 100%
Work Schedule: 8-5, M-F
Employee Class: Career
Known as the SOP, our office advises competitive UCI undergraduate students in applying for prestigious merit scholarships. Our staff conducts outreach and manages the campus-level application evaluation and endorsement selection processes for these national and international scholarships, all funded by outside agencies. Some awards require candidates to earn university endorsement; they cannot apply directly to the funding agency. Our office informs students on a select group of 21 prestigious awards that are national and international in scope, including opportunities for funded research and study at both the undergraduate and graduate levels. SOP also facilitates UCI’s processes for evaluating applications and endorsing candidates for awards requiring University nomination.
Reporting to the Director of the Scholarship Opportunities Program (SOP), this position supports a variety of critical administrative functions for the Scholarship Opportunities Program and the Phi Beta Kappa Honor Society, including providing excellent customer service at the front desk reception; providing accurate information to students, faculty, staff, and the community on SOP’s and PBK’s programs and services; event planning and coordination; assisting with budget reporting and analysis, accounting and reconciliation, purchasing, and programmatic support. This position serves as the Unit Business/Budget Coordinator for SOP and liaison to the OVPTL Business and Personnel offices for SOP, which includes collecting/providing data and information; monitoring expenses; updating, reconciling, and managing budget reports; coordinating facilities requests; and purchasing supplies and materials. This position also primarily oversees and plans the Phi Beta Kappa Honor Society Chapter annual new member induction process and event, and may assist with other events for SOP, as needed.
- 5+ years of experience in an Administrative role, preferably office management.
- Ability to work independently, and skill to analyze situations, define problems and/or objectives, identify relevant factors, formulate logical conclusions and communicate complex data and information. Ability to handle all aspects of budget and accounting, including, reconciling and reading ledgers, on-line accounting transactions; quarterly budget reports and other budget analysis. Knowledge of basic budget and accounting principles.
- Ability to initiate work, independently make sound judgments, and complete tasks with a minimum of direction. Excellent interpersonal skills and strong demonstrated ability to communicate effectively in oral and written form and to maintain cooperative working relationships with faculty, students, parents, staff and the private sector.
- Ability to be flexible and patient and use tact and diplomacy. Ability to maintain confidentiality and use discretion in handling sensitive matters. Proven skills in the use of MS Office applications, especially Excel and Word; and in the use of Google Docs/Drive. Excellent writing and proofreading skills including ability to independently create grammatically correct correspondence and documents.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills to prioritize multiple projects, when faced with frequent interruptions and fluctuating workload, with attention to detail. Skill to develop and maintain student cohesion in groups and work effectively as a team member.
- Demonstrated specialized skills for campus-wide events including: planning, reserving rooms and audio/visual equipment, handling catering, preparing and implementing publicity and registration materials, tracking large numbers of RSVPs (using tools such as EventBrite or similar events management applications), and providing on-site assistance at such events.
- Bachelor’s degree in administration, communications, accounting, or related field.
- Experience with UCI purchasing and accounting applications, knowledge of high and low value purchasing. Experience working with UCI”s financial system, Kuali. Knowledge of electronic media and applications, and ability to plan, write and edit website content (such as WordPress websites).
- Knowledge of Microsoft Access database Experience tracking and acknowledging donations/gifts.
Special Conditions Preferred:
Some evenings and weekends as needed
Conditions of Employment:
The University of California, Irvine (UCI) seeks to provide a safe and healthy environment for the entire UCI community. As part of this commitment, all applicants who accept an offer of employment must comply with the following conditions of employment:
- Background Check and Live Scan
- Legal Right to work in the United States
- Vaccination Policies
- Smoking and Tobacco Policy
- Drug Free Environment
The following additional conditions may apply, some of which are dependent upon business unit or job specific requirements.
- California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act
- Pre-Placement Health Evaluation
Details of each policy may be reviewed by visiting the following page – https://hr.uci.edu/new-hire/conditions-of-employment.php
The University of California, Irvine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer advancing inclusive excellence. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, or other protected categories covered by the UC nondiscrimination policy .
We are committed to attracting and retaining a diverse workforce along with honoring unique experiences, perspectives, and identities. Together, our community strives to create and maintain working and learning environments that are inclusive, equitable, and welcoming.
UCI provides reasonable accommodations for applicants with disabilities upon request. For more information, please contact Human Resources at (949) 824-0500 or [email protected] .
+1 on Google
Share on Facebook
Share on LinkedIn
Apply for this Job
View or Apply
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your email – cover/motivation letter where (tendersglobal.net) you saw this job posting.