United Nations Children's Fund
As focal point of administrative management services in a country or sub-country office, the incumbent is accountable for delivery of efficient and cost-effective administrative support services, providing guidance for operations of administrative support services and management of administrative staff. Ensures the office’s administrative operations and services are in compliance with the organization’s administrative policy, procedures, rules and regulations.
Summary of key functions/accountabilities:
Policy, procedures and strategies:
- As functional focal point, accountable for the correct and consistent application of policies and procedures in the assigned administrative functions through the provision of guidance and support to the country office or sub‑office where applicable.
- Contributes to strategic planning and monitoring of administrative matters at country/sub-country level as necessary. Provides practical input on implementation of administrative guidelines, in close coordination with the head of office, operation staff/ supervisor.
- Supports supervisor and the head of the office, and updates staff on administrative policies, procedures rules and regulation. Implements the appropriate application and interpretation of administrative rules, regulations, policies, and procedures. Briefs and assists arriving and departing staff on basic administrative procedures and requirements.
- Makes specific recommendations on the improvement of systems and internal controls, planning, restructuring and resolution of sensitive issues, taking into account the prevailing conditions in the locality.
- Keeps supervisor abreast of potential problem areas and identifies and recommends solutions. Prepares reports on administrative matters as required.
- Monitors the budget in close coordination with supervisor to ensure that objectives stipulated early in the fiscal year are realized for smooth operations of the office including sub-country (zone) offices and out postings where applicable.
- Recommends and prepares estimates on office premises, supplies and equipment requirements for budget preparation purposes. Assists zone offices in the establishment and maintenance of administrative services. Prepares, monitors and controls the administrative budget.
Administrative support and services:
- Undertakes delivery and improvement in administrative support and office services including space management, transport services, vehicle use and maintenance, equipment, conference and travel arrangements, document reproduction, communications, mail and delivery services, local procurement, and bill payments of utilities.
- Ensures the timely and cost-effective provision of basic office services including space management, equipment, communications, and security to enhance staff safety and productivity.
- Supports the Inter-Agency Operations Management Team’s approaches for enhancing UN common services to attain efficiencies and effectiveness.
- Helps negotiate and administer matters relating to office premises, utilities and services with vendors and agencies.
- Supports property management of administrative supplies, office equipment and vehicles, updating inventory of items, serving as ex-officio member to the Property Survey Board where applicable. Assists supervisor in Property Survey Board submissions, preparing minutes of meetings. Assists supervisor in executing PSB recommendations approved by the Head of Office.
- Monitors and supervises adequate and appropriate use of supplies. Ensures that services and maintenance of premises are in accordance with organizational standards.
Contract arrangement and control:
- Ensures that all administrative transactions and arrangements of contracts are in compliance with the applicable policies, procedures, rules and regulations.
- Participates in the reviews of the contractual arrangements related to administrative support (i.e. courier, premises maintenance, ancillary administrative support, vehicle maintenance, equipment maintenance etc.) to ensure that the terms and conditions of all contracts are being adhered to by providers of services. Proposes to supervisor any changes that may be required.
- Monitors payments against contractual obligations.
Staff learning and development:
- Collaborates on the development of training activities to ensure effective performance in administrative services management. Implements effective staff learning and development programme activities for capacity building. Helps organize workshops for staff’s competency building, and staff learning and development.
Partnership, coordination, and collaboration:
- As required, under direction of the supervisor, collaborates with other agencies, local authorities and implementing partners on administrative matters including information exchange and harmonization.
Performs any other duties and responsibilities assigned as required:
To qualify as an advocate for every child you will have…
- University degree in social sciences, business management, administration, finance, or any other relevant field of discipline.
- One year of relevant professional work experience in office management, administration, finance, accounting, ICT, human resources, supply or any other relevant function.
- Strong experience in leading and managing a team including providing oversight for administrative-related support to field offices, is required.
- Relevant professional experience in Inter-Agency collaboration, administration and management of UN common premises including information exchange and harmonization to attain efficiencies and effectiveness, is a great asset.
- Relevant professional experience with any UN agency is an asset.
- Work experience in emergency duty station.
- Fluency in English and Nepali local language is required. Knowledge of another official UN language (Arabic, Chinese, French, Russian or Spanish).
Recommend your friend
To qualify as an advocate for every child you will have…
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (tendersglobal.net) you saw this job posting.
Knowledge Management AnalystWorld Bank GroupNew Delhi, IndiaNew Delhi, India
Area Relief and Social Services Officer – Fixed Term Contract- Area Office Jerusalem- For Internal and External Candidates- GradeUnited Nations Relief and Works Agency for Palestine Refugees in the Near East (UNRWA)Ramallah, Palestinian TerritoryRamallah, Palestinian Territory
Principal Investment OfficerWorld BankAnywhereAnywhere
UNDP-KAZ-00219 Purchase and delivery of drones and componentsUnited Nations Development ProgrammeAnywhereAnywhere