Tetra Tech International Development (http://tetratechintdev.com) is currently accepting expressions of interest from qualified candidates for an Administrative Specialist. This position will be based in our home office in Burlington, Vermont.
Position Summary: The Administrative Specialist, under the supervision of the Administrative Manager, provides a range of services to the Tetra Tech Burlington office to support home office administration, and human resources, and staff training, which contribute to the company’s new business and project implementation efforts. The Administrative Specialist is expected to display outstanding interpersonal skills and a willingness to backstop other members of the Office Administration Unit as needed.
* Maintain a front-desk presence to warmly welcome staff and visitors to the office, fielding inquiries and answering main telephone line;
* Prepare and distribute Weekly Staff Meeting Notes;
* Backstop Admin Manager in the organization of company events;
* Manage mail and facilitate shipping couriers and equipment out of BTV office domestically and internationally;
* Maintain communication with facility maintenance partners and providers when needed;
* Ensure supply room, kitchens and lunchroom are clean and stocked with necessary supplies (e.g., office supplies, coffee, milk, cups, paper towels, newspapers);
* Track and provide updates on moved inventory during office moves and annual inventory audit; and
* Assist with office consolidation including moving furniture, disposal, and reorganization of spaces.
* Schedule new employee orientations, generating a positive impression for employees;
* Facilitate administrative onboarding for new hires including staff directory updates, office setup, office equipment, and building security and parking access;
* Coordinate the departure of staff leaving the company to ensure assigned resources are returned (see above for list); and
* Coordinate with HR and IT to ensure employees receive company equipment in a timely manner.
* Associate degree in relevant field, bachelor preferred;
* Minimum of one year of experience working in an office environment or in hospitality;
* Excellent interpersonal and communication skills both written and oral;
* Strong organizational, planning, time-management, and analytical skills;
* Attention to detail and accuracy;
* Proficient use of Microsoft office suite (especially Word, Excel, and TEAMS) and SharePoint;
* Ability to work under pressure and to adapt to changing priorities and needs;
* Ability to work independently while closely and appropriately coordinating with team members;
* Must be an energetic, enthusiastic, and positive collaborative team player;
* Ability to lift 30 pounds; and
* U.S. citizenship or a valid U.S. work permit is mandatory.
How to apply
To be considered applicants must submit the following as part of the online application process:
* Cover Letter
* CV in reverse chronological format
Please indicate where you saw Tetra Tech’s IDS ad posted.
Apply on-line at: https://bit.ly/AdminSpecialist2023
Please ensure that your Cover Letter and CV/Resume are uploaded and submit only the requested documentation as part of your application. Incomplete applications and/or corrupt files may delay processing of your application or remove you from consideration. Applications that do not meet the minimum requirements listed above will not be considered. No phone calls will be accepted.
At Tetra Tech, health and safety play a vital role in our success. Tetra Tech’s employees work together to comply with all applicable health & safety practices and protocols, including health orders and regulations related to COVID-19 that are mandated by local, state, and federal authorities.
Tetra Tech International Development is committed to safeguarding and technical excellence in equality and social inclusion. Our team of dedicated Gender, Youth, and Social Inclusion (GYSI) advisers work closely with our staff and partners to share international norms and best practices to improve the livelihoods of the world’s most marginalized groups. Tetra Tech International Development is especially interested in candidates that can contribute to our Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI) initiatives that aim to expand inclusion and an authentic sense of belonging to all our staff regardless of background. If you need reasonable accommodation with your application process, contact our Global Talent Operations team.
Tetra Tech is a leading provider of consulting, engineering, and technical services worldwide. Our reputation rests on the technical expertise and dedication of our employees – 21,000 people working together across disciplines and time zones to provide smart, sustainable solutions for challenging projects. We are proud to be home to leading technical experts in water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development. Tetra Tech combines the resources of a global, multibillion-dollar company with local, client-focused delivery in over 450 locations around the world. We offer competitive compensation and benefits and are searching for innovative people to join our teams. We are an equal opportunity employer: EOE AA/M/F/Vets/Disability.