NCCI (NGO Coordination Committee for Iraq)
Terms of Reference
Advancing women’s protection in Iraq: Policy and stakeholder analysis
The NGO Coordination Committee for Iraq (NCCI) was established in 2003. NCCI’s mission, structure and objectives have continuously evolved to adapt to the changing circumstances and support needs for civil society and international NGOs in Iraq. Primary functions include coordination and information sharing, advocacy support services and capacity building for NGOs.
The purpose of this consultancy is to support strategic and coordinated advocacy conducted by NCCI Advocacy Working Group members concerning women’s protection in Iraq.
To conduct an analysis ( of the policy landscape (existing legislation, policy gaps, and relevant policy processes) and stakeholders (government entities, religious actors, diplomatic missions, UN agencies, international NGOs and Iraqi NGOs) concerning women’s protection in federal Iraq.
The consultant should conduct the assignment using a methodology developed in partnership with NCCI. It is expected that it will be primarily based on a literature review, with supplementary key informant interviews (KIIs) if needed. The consultancy will be conducted remotely.
4. ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Consultant: The consultant will be responsible for designing and delivering the draft and final report with proper citations/references, , identifying relevant literature, analysis of relevant data and documentation of KIIs conducted.
- NCCI: The consultant will be contracted by NCCI. NCCI will have responsibility for the overall management of the consultant, including: developing and finalizing the terms of reference; reviewing and finalizing the methodology; monitoring the delivery of milestones; and providing feedback on the initial and final draft of the report
5. KEY DELIVERABLES
- An inception report including a work plan, detailed methodology, report format and timeline, to be submitted within 3 working days from the commencement of the assignment;
- First draft of report;
- Final report.
6. DURATION AND TIMEFRAME
The consultancy will last two weeks, with the final narrative submitted to NCCI by 30 October 2022
Qualifications & Preferred Skills
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED OF CONSULTANT
The consultant is expected to have the following skills and expertise:
- Fluency in Arabic and English;
- Advanced university degree in social sciences/development science or other relevant field;
- Minimum 8 years of proven similar experience;
- Extensive knowledge of women’s rights organizations and protection advocacy in Iraq, with demonstrable focus on this area previously and an existing relevant network;
- Demonstrably strong communication, analytical and report writing skills and experience, including familiarity with relevant citation standards;
- Female candidates strongly encouraged to apply.
How To Apply
Please submit below requirements by COB 9 October 2022 to [email protected] using “Women’s protection policy and stakeholder analysis consultant” as the subject of your email.
- Summary of similar services you have previously provided with related outputs hyperlinked or attached (including at least one writing sample in English);
- Technical proposal outlining how the requirements listed here will be achieved.
Interviews will be conducted on 11 and 12 October 2022 to ensure a start date of 16 October 2022.
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your email/cover letter where (tendersglobal.net) you saw this job posting.