International Water Management Institute (IWMI)
The Advisor is a member of the Director General’s Office (DGO) and works closely with the Director General (DG) to support internal coordination across IWMI, liaison with One CGIAR, and external engagements. The Advisor coordinates diverse streams of work that pass through the DGO and require substantive and timely inputs from the DG, often in consultation with senior managers and other staff from across the Institute. She or he advises the DG on internal communications and special initiatives led from the DGO, which may include special administrative, partnership, communication, policy engagement or research initiatives. The Advisor also plays a key role in mobilizing and coordinating contributions from IWMI subject matter experts to presentations, papers, or communications outputs by the DG, as well as coordination of engagement by the DGO in One CGIAR-related activities and processes.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Advise the DG on internal communications and lead on drafting internal messaging and preparation of all-staff meetings in close coordination with relevant staff and departments
- Assist with preparing meetings, and track and coordinate follow up to agreed actions. This will require liaison across the management team members and others.
- Draft papers, presentations and other content for conferences and high level meetings, reviewing literature, liaising with relevant content experts/researchers, and managing inputs to meet deadlines.
- Advise on and support the preparation of special initiatives led by the D/GO relating to administration, partnerships, communications and research, including liaison with staff and external partners.
- Represent the DG in internal coordination mechanisms for IWMI engagement in international policy processes and platforms, relating for example to environment, climate and food, and support these processes through background research and, in collaboration with other communications and research staff, drafting of related papers, messaging and DG-led communications outputs.
- Support coordination of development of strategy documents.
- Track One CGIAR processes and manage coordination of responses to ensure timely follow-up, including liaising with topical experts and staff engaged in One CGIAR activities, and with the CGIAR System Office, the One CGIAR Integrated Structure, and other Centers as needed.
- Manage preparations for presentations at conferences and on panels, through liaison with subject matter experts on content, and then timely coordination with the DG and relevant staff to translate this into material for presentation, as slide-sets and speaking points.
- Coordinate responses by the DGO to external invitations to events, speaking invitations, and requests for nominations to committees or courses, that require liaison across departments and teams.
- Manage communications outputs from the DGO, including liaison with the Communications unit and research units, ensuring that inputs are well coordinated and outputs, such as opinion pieces, blogs or video messages, are completed in a timely way.
- Manage the DG’s social media output in close liaison with the Communications unit.
- Master’s degree in subject area relevant to IWMI’s work.
- Minimum three years related experience, which includes managing internal and external relationships and knowledge management.
- Exceptional written, oral, interpersonal and presentation skills in English.
- Demonstrated ability to convey messages through clear and concise writing to different audiences.
- Experience working at international level in a development-related field, preferably with research organizations.
- Experience in both development-related and research organizations.
- Experience working with multilateral processes.
- Experience and skills in project management and implementation
This is an internationally recruited position with a competitive salary commensurate with experience, an attractive retirement plan, comprehensive international insurance coverage and a travel allowance. The successful candidates may also be eligible for additional allowances, which include housing, and shipping assistance.
HOW TO APPLY: Interested applicants should submit a CV, cover letter, which includes links to writing samples/portfolio, and three (3) references, which may be contacted if you are shortlisted. The deadline for applications is October 10. All applications will be acknowledged; however only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
IWMI believes that diversity powers our innovation, contributes to our excellence, and is critical for our mission. We offer a multi-cultural, multi-color, multi-generational and multi-disciplinary working environment. We are consciously creating an inclusive organization that reflects our global character and our commitment to gender equity. We, therefore, encourage applicants from all cultures, races, ethnicities, religions, sexes, national or regional origins, ages, disability status, sexual orientations, and gender identities
Apply for job
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (tendersglobal.net) you saw this job posting.