Boys & Girls Clubs of the Sioux Empire
Come make a difference in the Sioux Falls community!
Our Assistant Teachers are at the very center of what we do. Each Assistant Teacher we have helps to create great experiences for the kids we serve. In this role, you will have the chance to feel the impact you make in our community and feel proud about the work you do.
These are some of the things our Assistant Teachers do:
- Help plan and lead engaging, educational, and age-appropriate activities.
- Ensure the kids we serve are learning positive behaviors, providing guidance and appropriate discipline when needed.
- Provide care for the kids in our programs which may look different depending on the age group of the classroom.
- Serve lunch and snacks as scheduled and clean up any spills and messes afterwards.
- Maintain a safe environment by being alert to the needs and problems of individual kids and responding to urgent situations when needed.
This is what the schedule looks like:
- This role can be either full time or part time, depending on your preference.
- We have four age groups of kids you can work with. We want you to feel comfortable with the kids you are with, so you will have the chance to pick what age group you want to be scheduled with: infants and toddlers, preschool and pre-k, K-5 (elementary school age), and teens.
- Our programs are open Monday to Friday, generally between 6:00am and 6:30pm. We prefer our staff to have consistent schedules and we are closed nights and weekends – having a life outside of work is important!
Here’s what we can offer for pay and benefits:
- Starting pay for this role is $15.00 per hour.
- Discounted childcare rates for dependents are available. All full time employees are eligible for a 65% tuition discount. Based on household income and household size, employees may also be eligible for our scholarship program, which covers up to 100% of the cost.
- We offer a wide variety of benefits including four different medical plan options, dental, vision, 401(k) with a matching program, employer paid life insurance, voluntary life insurance, short-term and long-term disability plans, and more! Eligibility requirements must be met which is based on number of hours worked per week.
- Employees working 25+ hours a week are eligible for paid time off, which starts on day one and has no waiting period.
- All of our employees have access to a local Sioux Falls based discount portal with many savings opportunities. Discounts can include automotive care, clothing, fitness centers, home improvement, hotels, jewelry, mortgages and realtors, photographers, recreation, restaurants, and more!
We have some great trainers that can teach you a lot, but there are a few things we look for in our Assistant Teachers:
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills are important when working with kids.
- Reliability is essential – the kids in our programs depend on our Assistant Teachers to be on time and have good attendance, because the quality of our programming and their care is not the same when our team isn’t there.
- We will completely train the right person, but any previous experience, education, or training in early childhood development and behaviors is very helpful.
- Our job offers are contingent upon a post-offer screening process which includes, but is not limited to: a background check, child abuse and neglect screening, and drug screen.
Learn a little more about our history and our mission:
Boys & Girls Clubs of the Sioux Empire is the largest childcare provider in South Dakota serving 1,200 kids from 4 weeks to 18 years of age daily. We are a member of the Boys & Girls Clubs of America, but we are our own company. This makes us unique since we have support from a national brand, but we are also a local organization that focuses specifically on the needs of the Greater Sioux Falls area.
With programs and locations throughout Sioux Falls, Brandon, and Harrisburg, we are able to guide the youth of our community toward a fulfilling and meaningful future. We are committed to excellence by striving to provide an enriched environment that meets the physical, emotional, social, and intellectual needs of each kid we serve.
These are some of the things that makes us a great place to work:
- We invest in our talent: you’ll have at least 10 and up to 20 hours of paid continuing education training each full year. We want all of our employees to have professional development opportunities.
- We recognize seven holidays and our centers are closed. Additionally, if the holiday falls on a weekend day, we will be closed the Friday or Monday closest to the holiday. This helps to ensure that all of our staff have a chance to enjoy holidays without work obligations.
- BGCSE has teamed up with the South Dakota Department of Health’s cancer programs to help support our worksites and improve cancer screening rates. We offer paid leave options separate from PTO to take optional screening(s). This program is available to all employees who are not seasonal or temporary.
- We are a non-profit organization that strives to make a positive impact in your community. Join our movement and make a difference with us!
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Drug Free Workplace!
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Pay: From $15.00 per hour
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Employee discount
- Flexible schedule
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Professional development assistance
- Referral program
- Vision insurance
- 10 hour shift
- 4 hour shift
- 8 hour shift
Work Location: One location
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (tendersglobal.net) you saw this job posting.