True North Hostelling Association
L’affichage de cet emploi en anglais reflète la langue de travail.
Come spend your summer at the beach! HI Vancouver Jericho Beach is a seasonal hostel, located a few minutes away from beautiful parkland near forest trails and seaside paths on Vancouver’s Westside. We’re the perfect location if you want to spend your summer outdoors and yet downtown is still only 20 minutes away!
Teamwork makes the dream work and staff have lots of opportunities to interact with guests in a casual, flexible workplace. Working at HI-VJB is a great way to meet new friends and experience Vancouver. Subsidized housing is available in our staff dorm, and you’re welcome to borrow bikes and other sporting goods (tennis racquets for the free nearby courts or get a game of bocce ball or volleyball going!)
What’s in it for you
- Get the best value on staff accommodation: $350 for a bed in a dorm, you won’t find anything cheaper in Vancouver!
- Have fun with a tight-knit group of colleagues on shift and off.
- Free stay at other hostels (weekend in Whistler!)
- A laid-back, casual work environment that is a lot less stuffy than working in a hotel.
- Being part of a not-for-profit organization that embraces sustainable tourism.
- Room for growth and discovery! Many of our leaders started out on the front lines, and we’re eager to promote from within and provide opportunities to try out different roles.
- Flexible schedule with early mornings or late afternoons/evenings shifts so you can enjoy the beach, grab a bike to explore the city or go on a hike in the mountains before or after your workday!
What we look for Job specific requirements
- Our front desk staff are the first point of contact between our guests and the hostel.
- You deliver amazing, friendly customer service in English, in person and over the phone. A second language, in particular French, is a huge asset.
- You are a team player, with a can-do attitude and good communication skills.
- Cash handling and efficient computer skills are a must.
- You love to talk to guests and tell them about the local attractions, hostel activities, etc.
Join our community
If everything you read above got you excited, you’ll be a great fit for our team. Whether you’re on a working holiday and this will be a short stop on a longer trip, or you’re looking to stay connected to the hostel lifestyle by working among travellers, this is the kind of place for you.
Our team is made up of people from all over the world who are bound by our shared desire to discover new places. You recognize that what draws you to Vancouver is what draws our guests here, and you’re committed to working with a team of like-minded people to share the best of Vancouver and the accessibility of travel with the world.
Whether this is just a short stop on your backpacking journey, or you are looking to join a community of folks committed to travel, there is a spot for you at HI where you can belong.
Check out what it’s like to live and work here: www.hihostels.ca/workatthebeach
We love travelling. To us, travel isn’t just about going places, it’s also about meeting people, discovering cultures, eating new food and most of all, learning how people do things differently than we do back home.
We believe that through hostelling, we become more conscious about the world around us; and we can even make the world a better place. Our mission is to build a community of conscious travellers who share a greater understanding of people, places and cultures through our network of hostels and people.
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (tendersglobal.net) you saw this job posting.