OECD - Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development
The Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD) is an international organisation comprised of 38 member countries, that works to build better policies for better lives. Our mission is to promote policies that will improve the economic and social well-being of people around the world. Together with governments, policy makers and citizens, we work on establishing evidence-based international standards, and finding solutions to a range of social, economic and environmental challenges. From improving economic performance and creating jobs to fostering strong education and fighting international tax evasion, we provide a unique forum and knowledge hub for data and analysis, exchange of experiences, best-practice sharing, and advice on public policies and international standard-setting.
The Directorate for Education and Skills (EDU) leads the Organisation’s work to help member and non-member countries achieve high-quality learning for all, design better skills policies, and turn them into jobs and growth. The Directorate carries this out by providing statistics, analysis and policy advice to countries on a wide range of educational topics.
The Programme for International Student Assessment (PISA) is a triennial international survey which aims to evaluate education systems worldwide by testing the skills and knowledge of 15-year-old students nearing the end of their compulsory education. So far, over 90 countries have participated in the assessment since it began in 2000.
PISA is looking for an Analyst to join the team working on the PISA Research, Development and Innovation (RDI) Programme. The RDI Programme coordinates the development and innovation-oriented activities managed by the OECD Secretariat, following the recommendations of the PISA Governing Board (PGB) and the advice of a group of experts. It aims to introduce systematic content, methodological and operational advances in PISA. For the 2023/2024 Programme and Work and Budget, the PGB has prioritised the following four research projects to be pursued within the RDI programme:
- Improving accessibility of the PISA test and questionnaire,
- Measuring students’ socio-economic status,
- Automatic coding of text responses,
- Assessing critical media literacy.
The RDI Programme is also compiling quality standards for PISA. The Analyst will contribute to the research programme, producing research papers, progress reports, data analysis and other methodological work. The Analyst will select and coordinate external experts, organise data collections in collaboration with the PISA contractors and participating countries, and present results at PGB meetings and research conferences.
The Analyst will report to the Senior Analyst in charge of the RDI programme and of the PISA innovative domains.
Project management, analysis and drafting
- Develop a project plan, schedule and budget for two of the four RDI projects.
- Draft research papers contributing the outputs of two of the four RDI projects.
- Select external consultants for the projects, draft terms of references for them, and review and edit their outputs.
- Source data required for the projects including through the organisation of data-collection activities in collaboration with the PISA contractors and with participating countries, and analyse the data.
- Contribute to the work of the team on the other RDI projects.
- Contribute to the regular reports on the RDI activities to the PISA Governing Board.
- Contribute to the development of the work programme for the next RDI cycle.
- Contribute to other methodological work related to the PISA innovative domains.
Events organisation, communication and liaison
- Organise expert meetings, workshops and other events, including liaising with the experts, developing agendas and preparing presentations.
- Support work on preparing contracts with experts and contractors.
- Prepare short notes, website content and other dissemination material on the RDI programme.
- Represent the OECD in relevant international and national settings, delivering presentations and disseminating the research through relevant channels.
Ideal Candidate Profile
- An advanced university degree in education research, economics, psychology, sociology, statistics, psychometrics, mathematics, computer science, data science.
- At least 3 years of working experience in policy and/or research in an international or national agency, university or research institute.
- Experience in quantitative research methods and psychometrics.
- Knowledge of large-scale educational assessments.
- Experience with the organisation of meetings, workshops and conferences.
- Successful experience of working in a multicultural team and demonstrated good interpersonal skills.
- Strong drafting skills and a capacity to produce high-quality analytical work.
- Publications in peer-reviewed journals on related topics would be an asset.
- Knowledge and experience in the use of software for data management and analysis.
- Fluency in one of the two OECD official languages (English and French).
- For this role, the following competencies would be particularly important: Achievement focus, Analytical thinking, Drafting skills, Flexible thinking, Teamwork.
- Please refer to the level 3 indicators of the OECD Core Competencies.
- Two-years fixed-term appointment, renewable.
- Depending on level of experience, monthly salary starts at either 6,672 EUR or 8,233 EUR, plus allowances based on eligibility, exempt of French income tax.
- Click here to learn more about what we offer and why the OECD is a great place to work.
- Click here to browse our People Management Guidebook and learn more about all aspects relating to people at the OECD, our workplace environment and many other policies supporting staff in their daily life.
- Please note that the appointment may be made at a lower grade based on the qualifications and professional experience of the selected applicant.
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (tendersglobal.net) you saw this job posting.