With over 70 years of experience, our focus is on helping the most vulnerable children overcome poverty and experience fullness of life. We help children of all backgrounds, even in the most dangerous places, inspired by our Christian faith.
Come join our 33,000+ staff working in nearly 100 countries and share the joy of transforming vulnerable childrens life stories!
Employee Contract Type:
Local – Fixed Term Employee (Fixed Term)
Provide leadership in project development, planning, implementation, and monitoring of programming inside North East Syria. Provide day-to-day management and oversight of projects to achieve high-quality results in line with acceptable project norms relevant to the established goals, objectives, and operating policies. Supervise the financial management of the projects in the area, especially as it relates to project goals and objectives, monthly activity schedule, the timing of expenditures, budgets, etc. The position will report to the Deputy Director of Field Operations. It will work closely across all departments, including Technical Advisors, Grant Acquisition and Management, Finance, People and Culture, Partnerships, Security, Program Support, etc.
PROJECT MANAGEMENT AND OVERSIGHT
- Ensure that the portfolio of projects has sectorial alignment per the Syria Response strategy.
- Ensure assigned projects are properly planned and implemented to meet agreed results, timelines, and budget indicators.
- Ensure that assigned projects are adequately staffed to facilitate effective implementation.
- Facilitate reporting on the progress of field implementation.
- Analyse the effectiveness and efficiency of field implementation and introduce corrective measures where needed (key focus on managing burn rates).
- Ensure proper implementation of projects (financially and programmatically) according to WVSR standards throughout the life of the Project Cycle Management
- In collaboration with Partnerships Manager, identify areas for staff/partner development
- Engage with partners constructively tofacilitate effective partnerships on projects under portfolio.
PROJECT PLANNING AND DESIGN
- Work closely with Technical Advisors and GAM on planning and designing new proposal log frames
- Lead /support respective Project Managers in developing project budget (DPC) during the design process
- Determine staffing requirements and facilitate hiring and orientation.
- Facilitate staff training and development.
- Set objectives for staff, monitor their performance and provide feedback.
- Ensure staff wellbeing.
- Identify challenges emerging in coordination with other functions (Finance, Procurement, Admin and Security) and partners and introduce corrective measures where appropriate (focus onconstructive problem solving);
- Coordinate interventions with other agencies’ working groups and clusters when needed and required.
- Conduct regular meetings with implementing partners and staff under area program and support functions.
- Participate in external coordination meetings (clusters, WGs, government bodies) when needed and required
INTERNAL PROCESSES SUPPORT
- Support the Deputy Director of Field Operations with correctly implementing established internal processes.
- Raise and highlight any discrepancies or malfunction of internal processes design vis a vis the correct implementation.
- Support the revision and correction of internal processes within WVSR in coordination with other departmental functions.
Required Professional Experience
- A minimum of 8 years of humanitarian and development experience in North East Syria.
- Experience designing and implementing multi-sector humanitarian programs
- Experience managing and overseeing budgets of at least $3M
- Experience working across multiple internal departments, convening and leading people.
- Experience with remote management and partner management
- Strong communication skills with ability to express ideas and concepts clearly and persuasively (oral and written) with senior members of the humanitarian community as well as with field practitioners.
- Knowledge of computer software such as MS Office and email programmes.
Required Education, training, license, registration, and certification
PostGraduateUniversitydegree in InternationalDevelopmentor other relatedmajorsORsignificanthumanitarianleadershipexperienceinlieuofformaleducationrequirements.
Preferred Knowledge and Qualifications
- Comprehensive knowledge of International Human Rights Law, International Humanitarian Law, Refugee Law, the relevant positions of the UN, ICRC and major NGOs on protection of civilians in particular of lDPs, women and children, the codes of conduct, the Humanitarian Charter, The Sphere Project, etc.
- Detail oriented, with demonstrated experience in follow-up and ensuring complex ideas turn into action.
- Concrete practical hands on experience in remote management aid delivery contexts.
- Strong knowledge of key sectoral areas, including programmatic approaches to health and protection programming.
- Experienced and confident in external representation with donors and within formal and informal coordination structures
- Highly developed communication skills (oral and written) with ability to express ideas and concepts clearly and persuasively with senior internal and external stakeholders.
- Demonstrated success as a collaborator and team builder committed to the transfer of knowledge.
- Ability to work effectively under pressure.
- Innovator and calculated risk taker.
- Understands, values and promotes diversity to achieve organizational goals.
- Experience designing and implementing programmes in Syria, through partners, highly preferred.
- Full adherence to World Vision Child Protection, Code of Conduct and Conflict of Interest policies.
- Experience establishing, designing and implementing cross-border programmes, through partners, highly preferred.
Travel and/or Work Environment Requirement:
- Ability and willingness to travel domestically and internationally up to 20% of the time.
- Position will be based in Al Hasakah, Syria
Essential: Strong English and Arabic communication skills (oral and written) is required.
Applicant Types Accepted:
Local Applicants Only
Apply for this job
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (tendersglobal.net) you saw this posting.