Pennsylvania State University
- CURRENT PENN STATE EMPLOYEE (faculty, staff, technical service, or student), please login to Workday to complete the internal application process . Please do not apply here, apply internally through Workday.
- CURRENT PENN STATE STUDENT (not employed previously at the university) and seeking employment with Penn State, please login to Workday to complete the student application process . Please do not apply here, apply internally through Workday.
- If you are NOT a current employee or student, please click “Apply” and complete the application process for external applicants .
JOB DESCRIPTION AND POSITION REQUIREMENTS:
Penn State Intercollegiate Athletics is seeking a dynamic leader to serve as the Assistant Athletics Director for Creative Content and Branding. The successful candidate will manage areas including but not limited to creative video, graphic design and brand management. This position includes staff management and budgetary oversight.
Brand Management duties include, but are not limited to:
- Overseeing proper implementation of the brand standards for Intercollegiate Athletics, a brand of national recognition and stature, and ensuring staff compliance as well as external partner compliance with said guidelines.
- Working with University licensing on athletics logo usage to ensure brand standards are executed.
- Overseeing the development of the department’s templates for letterhead, business cards, zoom backgrounds, email signatures, etc.
- Approving uniform designs throughout the production process and prior to manufacture.
- Managing the development of new marks associated with Athletics.
- Reviewing and providing final approval for various projects produced both within and outside of Athletics, including but not limited to all Athletics marketing collateral (posters, T-shirts, etc.) and sponsorship materials (including ads and giveaways).
- Providing strategic direction to the Athletic Department, teams and support units on branding for projects that include major facility enhancements and branding in team areas.
- Managing the department’s current contract with INFLCR.
- Working with various third-party vendors associated with e-commerce and in-store opportunities and logo usage.
Creative Video duties include, but are not limited to:
- Supervising and scheduling videographer/editor staff members.
- Implementing a creative video plan to tell the story of Penn State Athletics for all 31 sports.
- Directing creative video staff to generate short- and long-form video pieces to be shared on social media, YouTube and LionVision.
- Watching social media video trends and providing direction for creative video staff to execute.
Graphic Design duties include, but are not limited to:
- Developing the department’s visual identity through creative assets.
- Managing a graphic design staff which supports all 31 programs, as well as numerous support units in the department.
- Providing guidance in creation of all facility branding enhancements.
- Guiding graphic design staff in creation of social graphics, digital tickets, programs, yearbooks and the Athletics magazine.
- Direct the relationship with Penn State Sports Properties (Learfield), which includes but is not limited to be practice guidance for social campaigns, approval of creative content produces by PSSP on behalf of Penn State Athletics.
Typically requires a bachelor’s degree or higher (master’s degree preferred) plus five years of related experience for a Level 3. Additional education and/or experience required for higher level position.
Skills and Qualifications of this position include:
- Excellent communication and organizational skills are required.
- Knowledge of NCAA rules and compliance is required.
- Considerable initiative, creativity, and independence.
- Experience supervising staff members and/or leadership experience within a Creative Services and Brand Management department, preferably in a higher education and/or an athletically related environment is preferred.
The Pennsylvania State University is committed to and accountable for advancing diversity, equity, inclusion, and sustainability in all its forms. We embrace individual uniqueness, foster a culture of inclusion that supports both broad and specific diversity initiatives, leverage the educational and institutional benefits of diversity in society and nature, and engage all individuals to help them thrive. We value inclusion as a core strength and an essential element of our public service mission.
CAMPUS SECURITY CRIME STATISTICS: For more about safety at Penn State, and to review the Annual Security Report which contains information about crime statistics and other safety and security matters, please go to http://www.police.psu.edu/clery/ , which will also provide you with detail on how to request a hard copy of the Annual Security Report.
Penn State is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer, and is committed to providing employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
CAMPUS SECURITY CRIME STATISTICS:
Pursuant to the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act and the Pennsylvania Act of 1988, Penn State publishes a combined Annual Security and Annual Fire Safety Report (ASR). The ASR includes crime statistics and institutional policies concerning campus security, such as those concerning alcohol and drug use, crime prevention, the reporting of crimes, sexual assault, and other matters. The ASR is available for review here .
Employment with the University will require successful completion of background check(s) in accordance with University policies.
EEO IS THE LAW
Penn State is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer, and is committed to providing employment opportunities to all qualified applications without regards to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. If you are unable to use our online application process due to an impairment or disability, please contact 814-865-1473.
Federal Contractors Labor Law Poster
PA State Labor Law Poster
Penn State Covid-19 Vaccination or Testing Requirements
Penn State is committed to the health of our local and global communities. As a condition of employment, all employees are required to comply with COVID-19 vaccination or testing requirements. Click on Penn State Covid-19 Vaccination or Testing Requirements to learn about the requirements as well as general COVID-19 information at Penn State.
Penn State Policies
University Park, PA
View or Apply
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your email – cover/motivation letter where (tendersglobal.net) you saw this job posting.