Kennesaw State University
Are you ready to join a community leading in innovative teaching and learning? Kennesaw State University is one of the 50 largest public institutions in the country. With our growing enrollment and global reach, we are enjoying increased prominence among Georgia¿s colleges. We offer more than 150 undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral degrees to over 43,000 students. Our entrepreneurial spirit, high-impact research, and Division I athletics also draw students from throughout the region and from 92 countries across the globe. Our university¿s vibrant culture, career opportunities, and rich benefits make us an employer of choice. We are searching for talented people to join our mission. Come to KSU and find your passion.
Our Kennesaw campus is located at 1000 Chastain Road NW, Kennesaw, GA 30144.
Responsible for supporting the division’s marketing, communication, and digital media management, processes, and strategy. Supports the planning, development, creation, and implementation of Enrollment Services marketing and communications through printed and digital mediums. This includes but is not limited to marketing and communication targeting prospective and current students, families and supporters, high school guidance counselors, etc. Collaborates and coordinates with stakeholders to determine goals and develop effective marketing and communication campaigns, plans and materials that are in alignment and consistent with the University’s strategic image and position to students, staff, and other stakeholders. Manages, trains and mentors assigned direct reports and students on marketing and communications style, strategy, philosophy, guidelines, and techniques. Gathers communication and marketing requests, sets expectations with clients, prioritizes efforts, and delegates projects/tasks to staff. This requires assignment of project managers, monitoring project progression, and assessing project deliverables quality.
1. Trains and mentors direct reports
2. Supports the planning and development of Enrollment Services marketing and communications
3. Oversees and develops marketing and communication campaigns
4. Collaborates with the Creative Services team and the Customer Relationship Management (CRM) team on the development of marketing materials (print and digital) and assets
5. Ensures efforts are in line with University brand guidelines and strategic image and position in the marketplace
6. Applies quality assurance principles in the production of materials and assets representing the University to ensure production of content free of errors
7. Assists stakeholders to better understand overarching marketing and communication goals and constraints to better achieve University goals
8. Assists in supporting and implementing continuous improvement efforts to streamline business processes and increase the effectiveness of marketing and communications
9. Meets with stakeholders to understand project details and gives progress updates on existing projects, communicating any issues
10. Creates and maintains department project calendar
11. Monitors projects and workloads, adjusting assignments and deadlines accordingly
12. Supports the maintenance of project tracking documentation
13. Maintains project files and supports the development of an annual calendar
14. Works with the department¿s budget personnel to order and manage the procurement process of materials, overseeing the process from vendor quote to invoice submission for budget team for payment
15. Maintains and reports on metrics related to the success and strategy for marketing and communications efforts
Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution of higher education, or an equivalent combination of relevant education and/or experience
Three (3) years of experience working in a marketing, communications, or a related field
Additional Preferred Qualifications
Previous experience at a college or university preferably in marketing and/or communications
Preferred Educational Qualifications
An advanced degree from an accredited institution of higher education in a related field
The budgeted salary range is $60,920 to $67,300. Offers are based on relevant experience.
Comprehensive benefits to include Medical, Dental, Vision, 13 paid holidays, vacation, generous retirement plans, tuition waiver, wellness options, and much more! Visit hr.kennesaw.edu/benefits.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
Able to market to internal and external constituents in a higher education setting
Able to manage and/or supervise a marketing and/or communications team
Able to work with print and digital mediums
Able to meet all assigned deadlines
Able to work in partnership with team members, staff, faculty, administrators and student leaders
Able to handle multiple tasks or projects at one-time meeting assigned deadlines
Able to help improve the quality, nature and power of interactions between the University and students across the lifecycle of awareness, engagement, and retention
Knowledge of social media platforms and distribution strategy
Knowledge and experience in supporting strategies through integration of portals, letters, emails, texts, and call center functions
Successful track record in planning, coordinating, and completing large scale, detail-oriented projects
Strategic, analytical thinking, and creative skills
Excellent interpersonal, initiative, teamwork, problem-solving, organization, communication (verbal and written), time management, project management, and presentation skills
Proficient with computer applications and programs associated with the position (i.e. Microsoft Office suite)
Strong attention to detail and follow up skills
Strong customer service skills and phone and e-mail etiquette
Equal Employment Opportunity
Kennesaw State University is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. The University is committed to maintaining a fair and respectful environment for living, work and study. To that end, and in accordance with federal and state law, Board of Regents policy, and University policy, the University prohibits harassment of or discrimination against any person because of race, color, sex (including sexual harassment, pregnancy, and medical conditions related to pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, ethnicity or national origin, religion, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran or military status by any member of the KSU Community on campus, in connection with a University program or activity, or in a manner that creates a hostile environment for members of the KSU community.
For additional information or to file a complaint under the provisions of this policy, students, employees, applicants for employment or admission or other third parties should contact the Office of Institutional Equity at English Building, Suite 202, [email protected], or by making a report here
This is a supervisory position.
This position will not be required to drive.
This role is considered a position of trust.
This position does not require a purchasing card (P-Card).
This position may travel 1% – 24% of the time
- Standard Enhanced
Per the University System of Georgia background check policy, all final candidates will be required to consent to a criminal background investigation. Final candidates may be asked to disclose criminal record history during the initial screening process and prior to a conditional offer of employment. Applicants for positions of trust with screening results which confirm a disqualifying criminal history will be immediately disqualified from employment eligibility.
All applicants are required to include professional references as part of their application process. Some positions may require additional job-based screenings such as motor vehicle report, credit check, pre-employment drug screening and/or verification of academic credentials.
View or Apply
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your email – cover/motivation letter where (tendersglobal.net) you saw this job posting.