CSA Environmental is recruiting for an Assistant Ecologist or Ecologist to join our team in Brighton. We are always keen to speak to more experienced ecologists as well. Ecologist positions are offered as a permanent contract. Typically, Assistant Ecologist roles will be offered on the basis of an initial 6-9 month contract with the possibility of a permanent position
You will be joining a busy but very friendly team where you will have the opportunity to gain
experience with all aspects of consultancy work. Your role will include a variety of learning
and development opportunities, working closely with the other ecologists in Brighton and colleagues from across the wider ecology team (>25 ecologists across four offices). Day to
day responsibilities will include survey preparation work,
helping with a range of habitat and protected species surveys, data input, analysis and report writing. This work will span a broad range of projects, both large and small.
Also, as a multi-disciplinary consultancy, you will have the opportunity to work with landscape, urban design and heritage colleagues to develop a broader understanding of development work. Biodiversity Net Gain (BNG) has become a significant part of our work, and you will gain direct insights into this emerging and exciting area of work.
We are looking for a highly motivated, conscientious individual, who demonstrates a passion and enthusiasm for ecology. You must also be able to demonstrate the following skills and experience:
- Practical experience of conservation/field survey work, with developing field skills
- A first or upper second class degree in a relevant ecology/biology based subject
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- A high level of organisation, with the ability to work alone and as part of a team
- A willingness to undertake 2-3 night time surveys per week during peak periods, where necessary
- A full driving licence and access to your own car for business use
- Post-graduate qualification(s)
- Membership of CIEEM or other professional bodies
- Some higher level field skills and/or protected species survey licence(s)
In return for your commitment to CSA, you will receive an attractive salary and benefits, as well as generous in-house and external training tailored to your career development. Overtime pay is available.
To apply, please email your CV and a covering letter to Kate Hammond ([email protected]). Please confirm if you are applying for the Ecologist or Assistant Ecologist position. Please also state the office you are applying to as we are recruiting for ecologists in Hertfordshire and Winchester, as well as in Brighton. Interviews will be held in early February 2023, with a view to the job commencing in February/March 2023.
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your email/cover letter where (ngojobstenders.net) you saw this internship posting.