Joint United Nations Programme on
We, the Joint United Nations Programme on HIV/AIDS, lead the global effort to end AIDS as a public health threat by 2030. By placing the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) related to reduction of inequalities at the heart of our work, we lead the global response to AIDS by: (i) maximizing equitable and equal access to HIV services, (ii) breaking down barriers to achieving HIV outcomes, and (iii) integrating efficient HIV responses into wider health and protection systems.
We are committed to creating an equal, safe and empowering workplace culture where all people in all their diversity thrive. We live our values of Commitment to the AIDS Response, Integrity and Respect for Diversity.
Mandate Of The Department:
The Global Science, Systems, Services for All Practice has the goal of promoting, and accelerating sustainable, transformative actions and equitable, innovative solutions that maximize access to HIV services and sustain efficient HIV responses integrated into national systems for health, social protection, humanitarian settings and pandemic responses. It achieves these by: 1) using innovation for prevention, treatment and pediatrics, which covers the HIV treatment-prevention continuum and focuses on reaching the 95-95-95 target, 95% combination prevention targets and leaving no one behind; 2) forging productive partnerships with key global AIDS financing partners to ensure national leadership and ownership of AIDS response and maximization of investments, thus building the pathways for sustainability; and 3) integrating multisectoral approaches to HIV and health, and ensuring that community-led responses form part of national health systems and beyond.
Main tasks and Responsibilities of the Position:
Under the supervision of the Senior Adviser (Vertical Transmission and Paediatrics), SSA/PTP, the Assistant, Office Administration has the following key responsibilities:
General administrative support:
- Answers queries concerning administrative, HR, financial and other rules and procedures, providing ongoing advice and/or resolving issues.
- Ensures that all necessary administrative authorizations are obtained, that all mandatory requirements are fulfilled and that all relevant UNAIDS systems and registers are maintained up to date and to standard.
- Provides administrative support and general office assistance, including but not limited to collecting, screening and distributing incoming correspondence and documents, processing and following up on requests from internal and occasionally external partners including UNAIDS, governmental institutions, national civil society organizations, UN agencies and other international organizations, and other institutional stakeholders.
- Maintains office/programme/project files for completed and on-going activities in paper or electronic form for monitoring purposes as required. Maintains stationery and other supplies and provides office troubleshooting and general assistance support to staff in the office, as required.
- As instructed drafts or prepares in final version general and administrative correspondence. Checks correspondence submitted for clearance for consistency, style, accuracy and compliance with corresponding rules and procedures.
- If required, provides information and informal interpretation from/to the local language and other services for office staff and official personnel on travel.
Support to substantive programme and operational development and implementation:
- Provides assistance in the implementation of department / division / office / programme / project substantive activities such as: assisting with the organization or coordination of meetings, seminars and training workshops; preparing notes, meeting minutes, agendas, hand-outs and other materials for the events; preparing and/or coordinating office/programme/project travel plans and visits for the responsible staff or external stakeholders.
- Performs routine research activities, collects and compiles statistical and other qualitative and quantitative information from a variety of sources on subjects relevant to the department / division / office / programme / project substantive activities to facilitate preparation of reports, working papers, and presentations, under appropriate guidance.
- Prepares contracts and obtains necessary approvals, monitors expiration dates, tracks payments and deliverables.
- Within the delegation of authority, liaises with official contacts on administrative issues related to the involvement of government, donors, partners and beneficiaries in substantive activities as well as on issues related to collaboration with other UN agencies.
Financial transaction and monitoring support:
- In compliance with UNAIDS financial rules and reporting policies, carries out transactions using the designated corporate platforms and systems, ensuring accuracy of budget lines, records, receipts, payments, balances, expenditures and other data.
- Maintains and monitors financial records and daily transactions. Selects and enters data, makes additional calculations and ensures inclusion of all relevant data; identifies discrepancies and seeks advice from supervisor and/or others, when necessary.
- Assists in budget preparation and audits, as instructed.
- Perform other related duties as assigned, including replacing and/or backstopping for others.
Essential: Completion of secondary education.
Desirable: Post-secondary or paraprofessional training or certification in an area related to office administration and/or UNAIDS work.
Essential: A minimum of five years of general office administration experience, including experience in dealing with financial matters. Knowledge of and/or familiarity with the administrative processes of international organizations.
Desirable: Knowledge of and experience with UNAIDS or WHO administrative policies.
Essential: Proficiency in English.
Desirable: Knowledge of UN official languages.
Recommend your friend
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (tendersglobal.net) you saw this job posting.
ICT Officer (Automation System Architect), NOA, Business Innovation and Support, Global Shared Services Centre, Budapest, HungaryUNICEF GlobalHungaryHungary
National Programme OfficerUnited Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural OrganizationHaiti, HaitiHaiti, Haiti
Administrative AssistantUnited Nations Office on Drugs and Crime (UNODC)Tegucigalpa, HondurasTegucigalpa, Honduras
Work Health, Safety and Environment OfficerNorth Western Melbourne Primary Health NetworkAnywhereAnywhere