Medical College of Wisconsin
Infectious Disease Faculty Member
The Medical College of Wisconsin, Department of Medicine, Division of Infectious Disease, is seeking a full-time faculty member at the rank of Assistant/Associate Professor in the tenure-eligible Clinician Educator pathway.
- The faculty member will be responsible for providing inpatient and outpatient care at Froedtert Hospital and Clinics, a quaternary referral center which was recently ranked 3rd amongst the nation’s top-performing academic medical centers by Vizient.
- The position will include teaching of fellows, residents, medical students, and students in the allied sciences at the Medical College of Wisconsin.
- The appointee is encouraged but not required to initiate or maintain a program of funded investigation, either clinical or laboratory based. Additional opportunities for a focus may include infection prevention and control, and transplant infectious disease.
- Successful candidates should bring strong clinical abilities, well-refined interpersonal skills, enthusiasm, and a commitment to MCW’s academic missions.
- Candidate should be qualified for an unrestricted medical license in the State of Wisconsin.
- Candidate must have completed a Residency in Internal Medicine and an Infectious Disease Fellowship, must be board eligible/certified in infectious disease, and must be eligible to be licensed in Wisconsin.
Compensation & Benefits
- Highly competitive compensation with a full benefits package, professional development allowance, occurrence-based malpractice insurance, 403b match, outstanding employer-funded health and retirement plan, and generous relocation allowance.
- Value highly placed on multiple avenues for academic pursuits including research, quality improvement, and teaching without a “publish-or-perish” culture.
Division of Infectious Disease
The Division of Infectious Disease consists of twenty-eight faculty members that see patients at four major affiliates- Froedtert Hospital, Froedtert West Bend Hospital, Zablocki V.A. Medical Center, and Vivent Health. Together we provide state-of-the-art, collaborative, and patient-centered care to adult patients through inpatient and outpatient consultative services for the diagnosis and management of complex infectious diseases and unexplained febrile illnesses. Basic and clinical research interests include Borrelia and Leptospira infections, C. difficile and microbiome changes, HIV management and prevention, global health, transplant infectious diseases, and nosocomial infections. The division also plays a key role at MCW in education of learners at all levels, including in leadership positions, and is integrally involved in leading institutional QI/Patient Safety, Infection Control and Prevention, and Antimicrobial Stewardship programs.
The candidate will be based at Froedtert Hospital and Clinics, which is the leading adult medical facility at the Milwaukee Regional Medical Center, a comprehensive 225-acre medical campus located approximately 20 minutes from downtown Milwaukee.
Medical College of Wisconsin
At the core of everything we do at the Medical College of Wisconsin (MCW) is the pursuit of new knowledge and the power of academic medicine. Bringing together the world’s top scientists and clinicians, inspired students, and invested communities, we are driven to solve the most complex challenges in health and society. MCW is home to a diverse group of thought leaders collaborating to build a healthier world and a continuous cycle of life-changing knowledge.
As a distinguished leader and innovator in the education and development of the next generation of physicians, scientists, pharmacists, and health professionals, MCW is home to more than 1,500 students in the Medical, Graduate, and Pharmacy Schools, and over 900 physicians in residency and fellowship programs. Approximately 1,650 physicians, 750 nurse practitioners, physician assistants and other healthcare practitioners care for approximately 521,000 patients of all ages annually.
The beautiful, safe, and modern campus of the Milwaukee Regional Medical Center (MRMC) houses Froedtert Hospital, Children’s Hospital and Health System, Curative Care, Blood Research Institute of Versiti Blood Center of Wisconsin, and the Milwaukee County Behavioral Health Division. These member entities share a common mission of excellence in patient care, medical education, biomedical research, and community service.
Located along the Lake Michigan shoreline, Milwaukee, Wisconsin, is one of America’s great cities, combining a dynamic urban community with a rich cultural heritage with access to parks, rivers, and other outdoor recreation. Milwaukee is a popular venue for sailing, ethnic dining, and cultural festivals; the city is recognized for its museums, fine dining and hotels, professional sports, gardens, and parks. Regionally located less than two hours from the Chicago metro area, you can enjoy all that Wisconsin has to offer while still traveling to the “big city” life.
The Medical College of Wisconsin (MCW) and Children’s Wisconsin are committed to creating an inclusive and welcoming workplace that includes individuals with diverse backgrounds and experiences. We believe that embracing human differences is critical to realize our vision of a healthier world, and we recognize that a healthy and thriving community starts from within. If you believe embracing individuality and working together makes us stronger, then MCW and Children’s Wisconsin is the place for you. People of color, women, LGBTQIA+, veterans and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply. The Medical College of Wisconsin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Interested candidates may provide a CV to: [email protected]
Medical College of Wisconsin – Provider Recruitment
MCW as an Equal Opportunity Employer and Commitment to Non-Discrimination
The Medical College of Wisconsin (MCW) is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to fostering a diverse community of outstanding faculty, staff, and students, as well as ensuring equal educational opportunity, employment, and access to services, programs, and activities, without regard to an individual’s race, color, national origin, religion, age, disability, sex, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, predisposing genetic characteristic, or military status. Employees, students, applicants or other members of the MCW community (including but not limited to vendors, visitors, and guests) may not be subjected to harassment that is prohibited by law or treated adversely or retaliated against based upon a protected characteristic.
View or Apply
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your email – cover/motivation letter where (tendersglobal.net) you saw this job posting.