Athens State University
|Department/College||College of Arts & Sciences|
|Position Title||Assistant Professor of Nursing (Tenure-Track)|
|Full or Part Time||Full-Time|
|If Temporary, number of months|
Position Summary Information
|Duties||SUMMARY: The College of Arts and Sciences (COAS) at Athens State University invites applications for a tenure-track Assistant Professor of Nursing. Faculty at Athens State University support the University’s mission of providing student-centered, quality education and are committed to the success of our students, and the university. This involves teaching effectiveness, scholarship, institutional service, professional and community service. During the 9-month contract of employment, faculty members are expected to be available to assist and work with students and respond to unit, departmental, college, and institutional needs.
In addition to adhering to the general faculty guidelines, as specified by Athens State University, the Dean of the College of Arts and Sciences, and the Provost/VPAA, duties include:
• Teach a variety of upper-division (junior/senior) courses in support of programs in nursing in traditional, blended, and online course delivery formats
• Develop, revise, and deliver courses that ensure quality and effective assessment
• Work with and advise a range of students in nursing to assist them in achieving academic and career success
• Engage in research/scholarship/professional development appropriate for a teaching institution to maintain currency in disciplinary field(s)
• Maintain office and student contact hours
• Serve on university, college, department, and nursing unit committees and assist with accreditation efforts as needed
• Participate in the recruitment activities of the nursing unit, college, and university as appropriate
• Assist in the proposal, development, and delivery of graduate nursing programs and certificate programs
• Assume any other professional duties and responsibilities as assigned by administrative personnel
• Minimum of a Master’s degree in Nursing Education or a Master of Science in Nursing from a regionally accredited institution
• Hold Certified Nurse Educator (CNE) designation
• Hold active and unencumbered Nurse Licensure Compact (Multi-Sate RN License)
• Minimum of 5 years of college-level teaching experience
• An earned DNP, EdD, or PhD in Nursing or closely related health care field
• Experience in online nursing education
• Experience with nursing program and accreditation
|Salary Schedule||Salary Band: AS200
To view salary schedules, visit: https://www.athens.edu/about/offices/human- resources/salary-schedule-tables/
Salary will be commensurate with experience and qualifications.
Posting Detail Information
|University Information||Located in historic Athens, Alabama, Athens State University offers junior and senior-level coursework to community college graduates and transfer students holding sufficient credits from other institutions. Presently, over 3,100 students have selected Athens State because of its neighborly environment where 50 majors and degree programs are offered, with courses taught by a supportive and exceptional faculty. Approximately 80% of the students are enrolled in at least one online course. The typical student is a working adult who commutes. Recently, the University was featured in the 2015 Best Value Online College Rankings by OnlineU.org for four online programs including computer science, accounting, education and human resources. The University offers undergraduate degree programs in Liberal Arts, Teacher Preparation, and Business. The University employs more than 350 full and part-time employees with approximately 90 full-time faculty members in three colleges: College of Arts and Sciences, College of Business, and College of Education. Seventy-five percent of the full-time faculty members hold a terminal degree. The University is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges.
Athens, Alabama is located in north Alabama equidistant between Nashville, TN and Birmingham, AL. Athens is home to several events and festivals that have been featured as the Southeast Tourism Society’s “Top 20 Events in the Southeast” including the Athens Storytelling Festival and the Tennessee Valley Old Time Fiddlers Convention.
|EEO Statement||Non-Discrimination Policy Statement Athens State University, as an equal opportunity/affirmative action institution, complies with all applicable federal and state laws regarding nondiscrimination and affirmative action. Athens State University does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, marital status, gender, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, sexual orientation, disability, religion, genetic information, or veteran status in employment, or admissions to or participation in educational programs and activities. Inquiries or concerns may be addressed to the Office of the Vice President of Enrollment and Student Support Services, 300 N. Beaty St., Athens, AL 35611, 256- 233-8175.|
|Background Check Statement||In accordance with Athens State University Policy and guidelines, the applicant chosen for employment will be required to sign a consent form for a criminal background check. Employment will be contingent upon the receipt of a clearance notification from that criminal background check.|
|Open Until Filled||No|
|Special Instructions to Applicants||Unofficial transcripts should be from the college or university which verifies minimum qualifications for the position. Upon an offer of employment, official transcripts from all colleges and universities attended must be submitted. Continued employment is contingent upon receipt of transcripts from all colleges and universities attended. Please provide contact information for three professional references on your application. Include correct email addresses if available.|
|Additional Information||Athens State University participates in the E-verify System to verify employment eligibility for all newly-hired employees.
To view details or to apply, visit: https://jobs.athens.edu/postings/
Review of applications will begin as soon as possible and the position close on February 14, 2023.
For assistance, contact the Human Resources Office at 256-216-3333 or email us at [email protected]
View or Apply
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your email – cover/motivation letter where (tendersglobal.net) you saw this job posting.