Duluth Regional Care Center
ASSISTANT PROGRAM DIRECTOR
DRCC Tamarack is seeking an Assistant Program Director (APD) who is outgoing, flexible and dependable to provide direction and leadership necessary to assist staff; and, who will work alongside the Program Director performing administrative duties while maintaining a warm, friendly home in which persons being served are given the opportunity to reach their optimal level of independence.
This is a Full-Time position that has a 40-hour per week work schedule and wage starts at $17.75 per hour. The schedule is Sunday – Thursday 11a-7p; we can be flexible on the hours/days. The benefits package includes: paid vacation and sick, eligible to participate in the medical/dental insurance, flexible spending account (FSA), supplemental insurance options, employer-paid basic life/AD&D and LTD insurance, and the 401(k) plan with Employer Match and Profit-Sharing.
DRCC is a non-profit agency supporting individuals with disabilities, by creating opportunities to live rich and meaningful lives with family, friends, work and community, throughout Northeastern MN.
DRCC recruits, develops, and retains a high quality workforce who will support the individuals we serve. Come join our team – be part of a supportive work team creating homes that are comfortable places for individuals to live and work – homes that are accessible, clean, and well-maintained. DRCC has an open, honest culture that values each individual including our employees!
DRCC offers on-going paid training and support, and opportunities to grow and advance within our organization.
The Assistant Program Director (APD) will:
· Develop and maintain relationships with the people served by DRCC that respect their rights and promote their interests
· Protect the health and safety of each person in the program
· Coordinate the various aspects of providing services to the people served by implementing Coordinated Service and Support Plans
· Assist clients with personal care including lifting, transferring, bathing, and toileting as needed
· Perform administrative functions, write client and program plans, assist with budgeting and keeping accurate records
· Assume responsibilities in the absence of the Program Director
· Maintain the building and equipment
· Display personal communication skills
Currently we are looking for an outgoing person who is flexible and dependable, a self-starter, and able to work with a wide range of individuals. Assist the Program Director supervising and training staff, overseeing client financial reports, medication ordering, grocery shopping, appointment setting, program writing and outcome follow-throughs. Must be able to help individuals with everyday activities, personal care needs, normal housekeeping tasks, and provide overnight supervision.
Our desired candidate will be passionate about improving the lives of others, possess maturity, integrity, honesty, and patience. All applicants must:
· Have a two-year degree in a behavioral science or related field OR one year of experience working with individuals with disabilities
· Be proficient using a computer, email and online resources,business-related software, and office equipment
· Maintain valid driver’s license with no restrictions and have a working vehicle
· Be 18 years of age
· Be able to pass a background check
For more information, please call Angie at 218-722-8180, ext. 109, or apply on our website.
Join our team if you’re passionate about improving the lives of others.
DRCC is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and values diversity in our workplace.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $17.75 per hour
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible schedule
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Referral program
- Tuition reimbursement
- 8 hour shift
Supplemental pay types:
- Bonus pay
- direct care: 1 year (Preferred)
- Driver’s License (Preferred)
Work Location: One location
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (tendersglobal.net) you saw this job posting.