United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees
All UNHCR staff members are accountable to perform their duties as reflected in their job description. They do so within their delegated authorities, in line with the regulatory framework of UNHCR which includes the UN Charter, UN Staff Regulations and Rules, UNHCR Policies and Administrative Instructions as well as relevant accountability frameworks. In addition, staff members are required to discharge their responsibilities in a manner consistent with the core, functional, cross-functional and managerial competencies and UNHCRs core values of professionalism, integrity and respect for diversity.
- Participate in the annual assessment and planning cycle.
- Assist with the review of project agreements, ensuring that they are in conformity with Country Operation Plans and UNHCRs rules, policies and procedures.
- Assist with the formulation and implementation of a performance project monitoring plan in collaboration with the Programme Unit and MFT.
- Assist with the development of the direct implementation monitoring plan in collaboration with the Programme Unit and other relevant functions.
- Assist with the support of Programme and other relevant functions in the selection of implementation modalities.
- Contribute to tracking the management of project and direct implementation risks in collaboration with the Programme Unit, and report major risks to senior management.
- Contribute to reviewing, analysing and verifying Financial and Performance Partner Reports (PFR and -PPR), and to checking accuracy and consistency between PFR and PPR, in accordance with partnership agreements.
- Monitor, track and verify that expenditure for direct implementation by UNHCR is in line with the approved budget.
- Conduct reviews of the internal control systems of partners implementing projects and provide advice as required.
- Provide input on identified variants, risks and issues to partners, Programme Unit and escalate to management as required.
- Support timely project closure in coordination with the Programme Unit.
- Provide input to the mid- and end-year programme review process on issues related to project control.
- Maintain professional relationships with partners implementing projects and UNHCRs contractors.
- Keep up-to-date with all UNHCR rules, regulations and procedures necessary to perform these duties.
- Perform other related duties as required.
Education & Professional Work Experience:
- 1 year relevant experience with Undergraduate degree; or no experience with Graduate degree; or no experience with Doctorate degree
Fields of Education:
- Business Administration;
- or other relevant field.
- Finance (CPA/CIA or equivalent);
- For International Professional and Field Service jobs: Knowledge of English and UN working language of the duty station if not English.
- For National Professional jobs: Knowledge of English and UN working language of the duty station if not English and local language.
- For General Service jobs: Knowledge of English and/or UN working language of the duty station if not English.
Recommend your friend
To help us track our recruitment effort, please specify on the application form/indicate in your cover letter where (tendersglobal.net) you saw this job posting.
Project Officer Communication and advocacyUnited Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural OrganizationParis, FranceParis, France
Driver FSMFood and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations (FAO)Pohnpei, MicronesiaPohnpei, Micronesia
Operations Specialist NDTFInterpolLyonLyon
Chief of Party | Lusaka, Zambia | 2024ChemonicsZambiaZambia