North Country HealthCare AZ
Assistant Clinical Support Supervisor
This job is located in Payson, AZ
North Country HealthCare is a non-profit health organization comprised of 15 clinics throughout 12 communities in Northern Arizona. Our focus is to create healthier communities and ensure that not one person is without access to Primary Care.
*GENERAL DESCRIPTION OF POSITION*
Under direction from the Clinical Supervisor and Regional RN Clinical Manager, helps provide leadership, education, training and assistance for back office staff as needed. Provides oversite, evaluation, and constructive feedback to ensure consistent standards of care and quality improvement goals are met within assigned clinic setting. Is responsible for meeting State and Federal guidelines for vaccine management within the clinic along with other duties within their Scope of Practice
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Per MA/LPN scope of practice may supervise and provide education, training and leadership for other MAs and other non-licensed staff as directed. Will be required to provide orientation and evaluations for new and existing staff members who fall into the mentioned categories at routine intervals. This duty is performed about 10% of the time.
- Assists health care providers in providing direct patient care. May perform visual acuity screening, data entry, vital signs, and transcribe information into the patient chart. This duty is performed about 10% of the time.
- Using the approved written standing orders and protocols, enters medication refill requests for provider/RN/LPN review and approval. This duty is performed about 5% of the time.
- Participates in the training and implementation of new policies for in-office procedures and medications, including immunizations. Assures other back office staff are entering documentation correctly using NCHC and state guidelines. Sets a leadership standard by example implementing the required documentation of medications, injections, treatments into the EHR, and immunizations into the EHR and State of Arizona immunization registry (ASIIS). This duty is performed about 10% of the time.
- Oversees and helps back office staff to clean exam and treatment rooms between patients and at close of business day if needed. Assures medical equipment is cleaned and sanitized and maintained per guidelines. Assures all biohazard (red bags, sharps containers) are emptied, replaced, and prepared for pick up per North County Health Care work practices in the Occupational Exposure Plan Policy, MSDS and safety plan. Assures all POC (point of care), vaccine refrigerator, and other equipment logs are accurate and functioning correctly. Notifies Clinical Back Office Supervisor and/or Clinic Manager, if repairs or replacement are needed. This duty is preformed daily. This duty is performed about 5% of the time.
- Assists Clinic Manager in keeping clinic prepared and ready for State surveys. This duty is performed about 7% of the time.
- Maintains the supply of stock items in exam and treatment rooms and documents usage so supplies may be replenished. Checks dates on medications and supplies and removes outdated items per clinic protocol. Orders supplies per clinic guidelines and maintains inventory and records of those supplies. This duty is performed about 5% of the time.
- Prepares and assures accuracy of needed reports and/or logs for vaccine, in-house stock equipment/medication andemergency medication pack inventory. Communicates with NCHC pharmacy and Back Office Supervisor to provide requested information regarding NCHC medications and other inventory needs. This duty is performed about 10% of the time.
- Under the direction of a licensed provider may perform other duties as required: venipuncture, electrocardiograms, dressing changes, foot exams, removing sutures and staples, ear lavage, as needed within scope of practice. This duty is performed about 5% of the time.
- May assist the front office as needed, and other processes including referral if needed. This duty is performed about 1% of the time.
- Assists clinic leadership in developing work schedules and staffing coverage for assigned clinic using guidelines provided for assigned clinic and NCHC policies. Follows Employee Handbook and Policy and Procedure guidelines. This duty is performed about 5% of the time.
- Adheres to all laws regarding confidentiality including HIPPA, within and outside of the clinic setting. Is respectful and culturally competent with patients and staff members. This duty is performed about 5% of the time.
- Under the direction of the licensed provider correctly collects and prepares and sends laboratory specimens for routine tests, including in-clinic Point of Care testing. Shall complete required lab orders and documentation in the EHR. This task is preformed daily. Participates in clinic, regional and other meetings. Participates in clinic or corporate projects. Collaborates with all team members, helps build a team-oriented setting. This duty is performed about 10% of the time.
- Models professional clinical standards and behaviors in accordance with organizational Standard of Behavior through: a. Regular and predictable attendance, including attendance and participation in office and staff meeting. b. Continuous learning in both personal and professional development, adheres to organizational standards of behavior c. Takes responsibility for own actions, including all actions preformed under their scope of practice by the State of Arizona and North Country guidelines d. Consistent review, comprehension and reply of company email and related correspondence e. Maintaining certification/licensure. This duty is performed about 10% of the time.
*REQUIRED CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS*
Current active AZ Licensure as LPN
- Health Insurance starts on day one, as little as $5 per pay check
- Dental, Vision, 401K Matching, Employee Assistance Program
- 22 Combined days of PTO/PST, 6 paid Federal Holidays and 2 Floating Holidays in first year, Accrual starts on Day 1
- No nights or Weekends
- Loan Repayment and Tuition Reimbursement Programs
Start at $53,100, more DOE
North Country HealthCare follows CDC guidelines and federal mandates and requires vaccination against COVID-19 of all its employees. Medical and religious exemptions to this policy are requested and reviewed on an individual basis.
Job Type: Full-time
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (tendersglobal.net) you saw this job posting.