Summary of the Position:
FHI Clinical is seeking an Associate Director, Business Development to join our growing sales team and be responsible for driving sales with Clinical Phases I-III clinical trial sales. We are seeking an Associate Director with assigned territories in the US. This position is closely aligned with internal FHI teams and is responsible for communicating both the scientific and operational benefits of FHI Clinical trial services to prospective clients. As part of the FHI Clinical Business Development team environment, the individual in this role will contribute and support the continued growth and success of FHI Clinical.
- FHI Clinical presentations, RFP generation, and sales targets in assigned territory
- Actively prospect and generate new sales and business opportunities within assigned customer territory
- Lead, learn and work collaboratively with Vice President of Business Development to drive the FHI Clinical bid defense process for execution of client award (s) and goal achievement
- Cultivate strong, long-term relationships with customers and develop in-depth knowledge of the organization
- Collaborate and learn with internal FHI Clinical staff regarding the development and procurement of proposals
- Establish and maintain frequent contact with customers through focused client visits and presentations (both virtual and in-person)
- Advocate within FHI Clinical on the client’s behalf to resolve customer issues and maintain client satisfaction
- Actively network with biotech, pharmaceutical and academic universities, and industries to establish relationships and to identify potential opportunities for clinical trials
- Aggressively pursue awareness of competitive activities, positioning, and pricing, which includes specific reasons for awards and non-awards
- Maintain and update strict and detailed information within FHI Clinical CRM database (Salesforce.com) with appropriate sales activity data for metrics and tracking
- Perform tactical account planning, management, and execution Support FHI Clinical marketing initiatives when necessary (e.g., conferences, symposia attendance)
- All other duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Strong knowledge of the clinical research industry and pharmaceutical/biotech industries
- Expert level knowledge and experience with business development practices and reporting guidelines.
- Support and provide innovative and strategic leadership and can gain cross functional support for major projects, improvements, or change.
- Grow knowledge of concepts, practices, and procedures; the ability to apply that knowledge in varied situations
- Grow and Develop Advanced analytical skills
- Develop knowledge of project and process management
- Continue to develop a full understanding of the organizational structure, policies and practices, and the impact on own area and the entire organization
- Strong ability to build rapport with clients and other stakeholders along with excellent communication, diplomatic and negotiation skills
- Intermediate to complex level of technology aptitude
- Ability to multi-task, meet and exceed established deadlines, and accomplish detailed sales goal established by Executive Team at FHI Clinical.
- Must be able to provide accurate, expert level advice to reach outcomes that will enable achievement of overall department and organization goals.
- Education: Bachelor’s degree, preferably in business or related field
- Preferred Job-related Experience: At least three (3) years of clinical research or life sciences sales experience
- Additional Eligibility Qualifications: This position is a performance-based role requiring a variety of behaviors and skills including reliability, high motivation, well-organized, results
- Preferences: Proven internal track record of developing and effectively implementing sales strategies, business plans, forecasts, and budgets, and achieving sales results
- Typical office environment.
- Ability to sit or stand for extended periods of time.
- Ability to move 5-50 lbs.
- Expected travel time is 30-60% for this position.
Pay Equity and Benefits:
The anticipated salary range for this role is listed below. FHI Clinical’spay ranges represent national averages that vary by geographic location. When determining an offer amount, FHI Clinical factors in multiple considerations, including but not limited to: relevant years of experience and education possessed by the applicant, base salary of internal peers, and business sector and budget.
Base salary is only one component of our offer. FHI Clinical offers a generous retirement plan with a matching contribution equal to 100% of an employee’s elective deferrals that don’t exceed 5% ofan employee’s annual compensation. The contribution is 100% vested.Eligible employees may receive an annualdiscretionarybonus based on personal and Company performance.All exempt/ salaried employees, outside of California,are eligible for discretionary or unlimited paid time off (PTO).PTO is pro rata reduced for employees working less than a full-time schedule. Non-exempt/ hourly employees and employees who reside in California accrue PTO. Non-exempt/ hourly employees may carry over 80 hours of PTO into the following calendar year. Employees who reside in California may carry over up to 120 hours of PTO into the following calendar year. The Company offers 10 paid holidays per year.In addition, all full-time regular employees are eligible to receive a bi-weeklyVirtual Work Allowance to cover basic office supplies, home internet, or other similar items.
FHI Clinical fosters the strength and health of its workforce through a competitive benefits package, professional development, and policies and programs that support a healthy work/life balance. Join our global workforce to make a positive difference for others — and yourself.
Target Salary Range: $96,000.00 – $120,000.00
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change, or new ones may be assigned with or without notice.
FHI Clinical, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, religion, age, disability, gender identity, results of genetic testing, or service in the military.
This job posting summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties. This document should not be construed in any way to represent a contract of employment. Management reserves the right to review and revise this document at any time.
FHI 360 is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer whereby we do not engage in practices that discriminate against any person employed or seeking employment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, marital status, physical or mental disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law.
Our values and commitments to safeguarding: FHI 360 is committed to preventing any type of abuse, exploitation and harassment in our work environments and programs, including sexual abuse, exploitation and harassment. FHI 360 takes steps to safeguard the welfare of everyone who engages with our organization and programs and requires that all personnel, including staff members and volunteers, share this commitment and sign our code of conduct. All offers of employment will be subject to appropriate screening checks, including reference, criminal record and terrorism finance checks. FHI 360 also participates in the Inter-Agency Misconduct Disclosure Scheme (MDS), facilitated by the Steering Committee for Humanitarian Response. In line with the MDS, we will request information from job applicants’ previous employers about any substantiated findings of sexual abuse, exploitation and/or harassment during the applicant’s tenure with previous employers. By applying, job applicants confirm their understanding of these recruitment procedures and consent to these screening checks.
FHI 360 will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws.
FHI 360 fosters the strength and health of its workforce through a competitive benefits package, professional development and policies and programs that support a healthy work/life balance. Join our global workforce to make a positive difference for others — and yourself.
Please click here to continue searching FHI 360’s Career Portal.
Apply for job
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (tendersglobal.net) you saw this posting.