RSK Biocensus is looking for an experienced associate level
ecologist to lead on exciting and high-profile projects, including nationally
significant projects. This is a full time, permanent role.
We are seeking someone to enhance our capacity to win and direct these projects. The successful
candidate will join a highly experienced and dynamic ecology team. They will work with our
excellent project managers, support staff and field ecologists to tender for and deliver major
In particular you will be supporting a team of terrestrial
ecologists in Coventry and will be able to demonstrate your technical
- As an Associate Director, you will be self-motivated and proactive, responsible for
managing and overseeing major projects from commencement to completion and close-out.
- You may also be responsible for staff, a geographical area, or specialist discipline.
- You will be expected to be able to coordinate some of the largest RSK Biocensus tenders and
projects and have excellent client relationships to ensure future major tender opportunities
come into the business.
- You may also be Project Director on a diverse range of smaller projects as required.
- You will be expected to take on additional responsibilities within the RSK Ecology
business, demonstrating excellent communication skills with team members, peers and senior
management, and developing business strategies. You will continue to build your profile and
reputation, consolidating and sharing your knowledge through networking, personal endeavour and
- Typically, you will hold at least a first degree in a relevant discipline
- Likely to have significant years’ specific relevant experience since graduating
- A full driving licence
- Species specific survey and mitigation licences and/or a second degree are advantageous
- Full member of The Chartered Institute of Ecology and Environmental Management (CIEEM)
- Chartered ecologist (CEcol) or Chartered environmentalist (CEnv) advantageous
Salary and benefits
- £50,000 – £62,000
- Family friendly, flexible working opportunities
- Choice of home-working linked to office / team locations
- Contributory Pension Scheme
- A flexible benefits programme including the option to buy additional holidays and private
- Regular structured training and career development
#Ecology #Consultancy #environmentaljobs #rskfamily
RSK Group is an Equal Opportunities Employer
More detailed job description available on our website.
RSK will not accept unsolicited CVs from agencies other than RSK PSL or Secondary
As a market-leading ecological consultancy, our mission is to help clients identify and manage
the ecological risks affecting their operations or projects by providing pragmatic, expert
advice. We have the UK’s largest ecology skills network and are constantly on the lookout for
ecologists with varying levels of experience across all the ecological disciplines. We are also
on the hunt for employees to provide a range of administrative and support services that keep
the company wheels turning!
Whether it is working on large infrastructure developments, such as rail schemes and wind
farms, or surveying for bats, badgers, and birds, our work is diverse and interesting, and
always includes a range of exciting projects across the UK and beyond.
RSK Biocensus is part of the RSK Group, a leading integrated environmental, engineering, and
technical services business providing dynamic, multidisciplinary services to a wide range of
sectors. RSK was founded in 1989 and has grown considerably since then. In fact, Environment
Analyst recently highlighted RSK’s growth commenting, “Few companies in the environmental
services sector can claim to be expanding at the same pace as RSK.” Today, RSK Group consists
of over 120 businesses and employs over 7,000 specialists. The group is headquartered in the
United Kingdom and has an established presence in more than 40 countries around the world.
Find out more & apply
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your email/cover letter where (tendersglobal.net) you saw this internship posting.