International Rescue Committee (IRC)
Job available in these locations:
Requisition ID: req32000
Job Title: Associate Director, Financial Planning & Analysis – Program
Employment Category: Regular
Employment Type: Full-Time
Open to Expatriates: No
Location: Islamabad, Pakistan
The IRC’s FP&A team is a critical partner in ensuring the success and longevity of IRC’s humanitarian programs, which provide clean water, shelter, health care, education and empowerment support to refugees and displaced people. Responsible for owning the annual budget and forecast processes, analyzing and reporting results internally and to the Board, and providing business partnership to all departments and budget owners, the FP&A team offers financial insights that allow the organization to operate and expand its programs and infrastructure responsibly.
Reporting to the Director, FP&A, the position will work closely with the Program team to lead the budgeting and reforecast process. The Associate Director will also provide the program-related insights and analysis to the monthly management reporting package to enable decision making for finance and program leadership, coordinating with Controllership pillars (e.g. regional finance directors) as needed. They will support one analyst to partner across the program areas of RAI (Resettlement, Asylum & Integration) and CRRD (Crisis Response, Recovery and Development) and will work closely with the Sr. Director, Finance and Operations CRRD and the Director of Finance RAI.
- Support in leading the budget & forecast processes (receipt, consolidation, and analysis) for IRC’s program offices.
- Provide technical support and training to country finance and regional teams to ensure budgeting tools, policies, and processes are fully understood
- Support the improvement of the operating budget process through user-centered design methods and a continuous-improvement mentality
- Lead the delivery of program-specific monthly reports and analyses to program leadership, the CFO and other internal partners, including the identification of and recommendations related to risks and opportunities
- Guide the FP&A program team in providing effective finance support to program finance and leadership teams;
- Coordinate addition of program-specific financial planning content within finance communications, trainings, policy changes etc;
- With the Director and Sr. Director, FP&A to promote a positive, professional, and efficient team working environment
- Minimum 6-8 years progressive financial planning, reporting and analysis experience
- Experience budgeting and forecasting within a program office, or similar, in the non-profit sector
Demonstrated Skills and Competencies:
- Highly skilled with Microsoft Excel and other tools to consolidate and analyze data and for the presentation of data and insights;
- Ability to communicate sophisticated topics (e.g. cost allocation policies) using clear and concise language
- Able to lead change through the development and implementation of trainings and mentorship; and,
- Ability to present sophisticated financial information in a succinct and compelling manner and to tell a story through data
Preferred experience & skills:
- Bachelor’s and/or Master’s degree, preferably in Finance, Accounting, Business Administration, or Mathematics;
- Experience with cloud-based planning tools, data visualization tools such as PowerBI and ERP systems (D365) is desirable;
- Excellent communication skills: effectively connect with colleagues in a diverse multi-cultural environment; and,
- Proven interpersonal skills and the ability to be flexible and to apply creative problem-solving skills.
All staff are required to commit to THE IRC Way Standards for Professional Conduct and the IRC country employment policies.
Standards of Professional Conduct: The IRC and IRC workers adhere to the values and principles outlined in IRC Way. These are Integrity, Service, and Accountability. In accordance with these values, the IRC operates and implements policies on Beneficiary Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Anti Workplace Harassment, Fiscal Integrity, and Anti-Retaliation.
Gender Equality: IRC is committed to narrowing the gender gap in leadership positions. We offer benefits that provide an enabling environment for women to participate in our workforce including parental leave, gender-sensitive security protocols and other benefits and allowances.
IRC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. IRC considers all applicants on the basis of merit without regard to race, sex, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation in the job application or interview process, to perform crucial job functions, and to receive other privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Apply for job
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (tendersglobal.net) you saw this job posting.