THE ELLIOTT COMMUNITY
Who We Are
The Elliott Community is a charitable, not-for-profit senior’s residence offering a continuum of residential and nursing services of the highest standards. This historical and unique facility in Guelph, proudly offers independent living in life lease suites, supported living in retirement suites, enhanced support in retirement plus and full nursing care in our long-term care residence and respite stay.
The Elliott Community is seeking an Associate Director of Care who will play a key role in delivering our promise to the seniors who choose to live with us. Your ability to do meaningful work, build rapport and create long-term relationships with residents and staff will ensure we achieve our goal of creating and maintaining a robust and caring community.
Reporting to the Director of Care – Retirement, the Associate Director of Care is responsible for provision, implementation and supervision of resident care to ensure quality of life for each individual resident.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Working in a collaborative relationship to assist the Director of Care (DOC), Retirement in planning, directing, coordinating and supervising the overall nursing function for residents.
- Completes all scheduling of staff, coordinating time off, vacations, shift exchanges and ensures that adequate staffing is in place in conjunction with the DOC.
- Reconciles ADP for all Retirement staff and maintains accurate records to ensure payroll is correct.
- Has knowledge of RHRA standards of care and implements the practices in the daily routines for staff and residents to ensure compliance.
- Works to coordinate IPAC measures such as Hand Hygiene, testing, audits etc. Takes an active role with Clinical Coordinator and DOC in regards to Public Health Inspections and coordination of outbreaks.
- Works in coordination with the Clinical Coordinator to provide up to date, relevant education to the staff and maintains compliance with RHRA, Ministry of Labour, CNO, participates in the annual influenza/Covid immunization process for residents and staff
- Works in conjunction with the Nursing Support Clerk to ensure inventory of supplies and incontinent products. Works with the TENA rep to ensure residents are fitted into the correct products.
- Monitors nursing documentation into PCC and provides education to the new employees on how to navigate through the documentation system, initiates appropriate follow-ups as required.
- Receives and reports resident care concerns to the DOC or CEO in the absence of the DOC.
- Coordinates and works in conjunction with the Resident Services Supervisor/DOC in regard to applications, admission process, discharges and transfers; application approvals/denials; assessments prior to admission.
- Promotes review of the resident’s profile and ensures that care plans are up to date and current.
- Responsible to collaborate with the DOC in the development of policies and procedures and ensures that the policy and procedure manuals are adhered to by all nursing personnel.
- Participates and takes an active role in CI Action Team and implementing Quality Improvement Plans and yearly evaluations.
- Assists the DOC as required by completing probationary and annual performance evaluations.
- Ensures that staff adhere to established health and safety regulations and reports any hazardous situations or practices to the appropriate manager.
- Other duties as assigned.
The Ideal Candidate
- Registered Practical Nurse in good standing with The College of Nurses of Ontario.
- Very familiar with The Retirement Homes Act and Regulations with Management/Leadership experience
- Must be resident oriented and an advocate of resident rights.
- Must be able to problem solve nursing issues and access available resources.
- Effective interpersonal skills and communication.
- Must be flexible, reliable, honest and discreet.
- Excellent organizational and analytical skills
- Demonstrated skill in policy development and enforcement.
- Demonstrated skill in continuous quality improvement.
- Thorough knowledge of Microsoft, Outlook and Internet and good word-processing skills.
- Familiar with Point Click Care.
- Vulnerable Sector Search Criminal Record check.
- Must maintain an up to date immunization record including COVID-19 vaccination series, annual influenza and TB screening.
What We Offer
- Full time hours and a competitive compensation package with participation in the OMERS pension plan and extended health and dental benefits for qualifying staff
- A flexible work environment and an opportunity to collaborate with goal oriented professionals and make meaningful contributions in the lives of our residents
In support of persons with disabilities, The Elliott Community asks that job applicants with disabilities who require accommodation in the recruitment and selection process, please advise Human Resources if contacted for an interview so that a suitable accommodation can be arranged. (In compliance with AODA, 2006, Integrated Accessibility Standards 2011, Employment Standards). If you require assistance in completing a job application due to a disability please contact Human Resources directly. Information collected during this process will be used for recruitment purposes only.
As a health care institution, our highest priority is the safety of residents, staff and families. As a result, we are adopting all prevention measures to ensure the safety of our residents, staff and families. Vaccines are a proven, safe and powerful weapon in our battle against COVID-19. Now that vaccines are widely available and recognizing that our staff are already vaccinated against influenza and Covid-19, vaccination will be an enduring condition of employment for all new hires, except when impossible due to legitimate, established exceptions. Covid-19 vaccination status must be consistent with the prevailing definition provided by The Ministry of Health and LTC: a person who has received all recommended COVID-19 vaccine doses, including any booster dose(s) when eligible.
Job Types: Full-time, Fixed term contract
Contract length: 12 months
- Company events
- Company pension
- Dental care
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Vision care
- Wellness program
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
Daily COVID screening requirements and enhanced infection control practices.
Work Location: One location
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (tendersglobal.net) you saw this job posting.