World Food Programme (WFP)
European Bank for Reconstruction and Development (EBRD)
Location: London, GB
|Office Country||United Kingdom|
|Division||CTO Transformation Office|
|Contract Type||Fixed Term|
|Contract Length||3 years|
|Posting End Date||01/11/2022|
Purpose of Job
The Associate, EPMO provides detailed oversight, control, governance and tracking of all projects within both the portfolio and the newly created Multi-Year Investment portfolio. The role will provide adherence to, continued maintenance and improvements to the excellence standards and processes of the Enterprise Portfolio Management Office (EPMO). These standards include both the delivery governance and adoption best practice. They maintain and track accurate views of portfolio, programme and project progress and are able to highlight where issues and non-compliance to processes are occurring/may occur.
They provide assurance and guidance on wider portfolio dependencies, issues and risks providing valuable insight to the stakeholders on when corrective action and senior decision making is needed. They support yet challenge project managers to ensure appropriate rigour and quality in all delivery approaches. They act as the secretary of the PSB, working closely with the Chair (VP Chief Transformation Officer) and facilitating well-informed decision making at this level, coordinating submissions in structured way so decisions making can be effective.
Accountabilities & Responsibilities
- Facilitate the EPMO function in maintaining an accurate view of the status of all projects sent to the Board, and PSB, and work with project managers, to ensure that is kept up to date.
- Act as secretariat to the Portfolio Governance forums (including PSB) ensuring submissions are timely, well-structured and the meeting outcome is documented.
- Monitor and continually improve the EPMO lifecycle to ensure all documentation is in place, and stage-gate criteria are adhered to, highlighting any discrepancies.
- Act as an enforcer for embedding best practice for tech adoption approaches across the project delivery to ensure successful implementation of projects, developing standards and processes by constantly upskilling with new and improved processes. Accurately track portfolio’s, Programmes and projects performance, providing a real-time, comprehensive, precise, visual and prioritised view of all projects and programmes, whilst recording, collaborating and presenting multiple cross project, programme and portfolio dependencies and acting as a central point for knowledge sharing.
- Manage and produce regular and ad-hoc reporting for KPIs for the portfolio of projects as needed.
- Develop positive relationships across the Team to ensure communication is open and transparent, facilitating early identification of issues and risks and to enable the PMO to provide support including facilitation, tracking and reporting on projects.
- Hold information gathering meetings and workshops with portfolio managers and PM’s and share documentation, templates and processes as relevant with other departments including HR and the PSB.
- Enforce and govern document management across the PMO.
- Maintain and create relevant communication, instruction, guides and PMO information including the PMO specific microsite page on intranet.
Knowledge, Skills, Experience & Qualifications
- Degree educated or relevant experience
- Exposure to working on multimillion £ portfolio’s and projects and building the processes from the start
- Knowledge of PMO practices Prince 2 but also adaptive/agile training and experience would be advantageous
- Fluent English, with excellent written and oral communication skills
- Role will be encouraged and supported for professional accreditation to progress on project management career path
- Strong stakeholder engagement skills with senior managers specifically: (i) effective questioning & active listening (ii) the ability to challenge constructively & courageously in order to determine business requirements.
- Demonstrated ability to build relationships, collaborate effectively across teams & successfully navigate through internal politics.
- Excellent organisational skills, proactive and flexible attitude to work essential
- Uses analysis and communicates it in a relevant, concise and effective manner, using excellent presentation skills Excellent data analysis skills coupled with strong attention to detail to ensure accuracy
- Ability to cope well under pressure
- Flexibility to work additional hours when required, sometimes at short notice
- Ability to multi-task while remaining calm and professional and a capacity for hard work
- Computer literate: Windows Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio
- Knowledge of a PPM tool preferable.
What is it like to work at the EBRD?
Our agile and innovative approach is what makes life at the EBRD a unique experience! You will be part of a pioneering and diverse international organisation, and use your talents to make a real difference to people’s lives and help shape the future of the regions we invest in.
The EBRD environment provides you with:
- Varied, stimulating and engaging work that gives you an opportunity to interact with a wide range of experts in the financial, political, public and private sectors across the regions we invest in;
- A working culture that embraces inclusion and celebrates diversity;
- An environment that places sustainability, equality and digital transformation at the heart of what we do.
Diversity is one of the Bank’s core values which are at the heart of everything it does. A diverse workforce with the right knowledge and skills enables connection with our clients, brings pioneering ideas, energy and innovation. The EBRD staff is characterised by its rich diversity of nationalities, cultures and opinions and we aim to sustain and build on this strength. As such, the EBRD seeks to ensure that everyone is treated with respect and given equal opportunities and works in an inclusive environment. The EBRD encourages all qualified candidates who are nationals of the EBRD member countries to apply regardless of their racial, ethnic, religious and cultural background, gender, sexual orientation or disabilities. As an inclusive employer, we promote flexible working and expecting our employee to attend the office 50% of their working time.
Apply for job
To help us track our recruitment effort, please specify on the application form/indicate in your cover letter where (tendersglobal.net) you saw this job posting.