European Investment Bank (EIB)
The EIB, the European Union’s bank, is seeking to recruit for its Human Resources Directorate (HR), DG Office & Strategy Division (COORD), Communication, Event & Knowledge Management Unit (CEK) at its headquarters in Luxembourg, an (Associate) Internal Communications Officer – HR*.
This is a full-time position at grade 4/5 for which the EIB offers a permanent contract.
*internal benchmark: (Associate) Officer Corp. Communication
Panel interviews are anticipated from January 2024 onwards.
As an (Associate) Internal Communications Officer – HR you will build, write and deliver a wide range of internal communication activities, to ensure colleagues are adequately informed and engaged on various HR topics.
You will work under the direct supervision of the Head of Communication, Events and Knowledge Management Unit and interact with all HR colleagues as well as collaborate with the EIB central corporate communications department.
- Contribute to the development and the implementation of communication tools and activities about HR initiatives under the supervision of the Head of Unit, to maintain a good level of awareness about HR activities and projects both within HR and the Bank as a whole.
- Provide support to HR colleagues (content owners) in preparing communication materials on HR matters/policies, including announcements for intranet, interviews, videos, info sessions, speeches, presentations or Q&As.
- Support the preparation of communication plans for HR projects and other HR change initiatives. Ensure timely implementation and feedback channels, including responding to staff comments on the intranet.
- Plan and supervise the carrying out of other special HR communication projects as needed.
- Plan and execute various communication initiatives for HR employees, including managing the blog, events and other channels.
- Keep abreast of developments in the area of internal communication to propose new initiatives for HR communications or modernise current channels / tools to build a modern communication environment.
- University degree (minimum an equivalent to a Bachelor) preferably in Communication, Marketing, Public Relations, Languages, Journalism, Human Resources or relevant field with experience in a similar position.
- At least 3 years of professional experience in internal communications (ideally gained within HR) and/or corporate communication.
- Excellent written and spoken English with strong English writing/editorial skills
- Ability to work independently and within tight deadlines.
- Knowledge of standard MS Office tools, particularly PowerPoint
- Experience is any of the following would be an advantage: Video production, editing skills, event management, internal social media platforms, employer branding or broad experience with HR topics such as diversity and inclusion, careers and culture.
- Excellent English and/or a good command of French(*). Knowledge of other European Union languages would be an advantage.
Find out more about EIB core competencies here
(*) Unless stated explicitly as a required qualification, a good command of French is not a pre-requisite for hire. As both English and French are however official working languages of the EIB, proficiency in both languages is a pre-requisite for your future career development. Any language clause in your contract must be fulfilled in order for you to be eligible for a promotion (either via the annual appraisal cycle or via an internal selection process). Proficiency is understood to mean the attainment of level 5 of the Inter Institutional language courses, corresponding to B1.2 of the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEFRL). The Bank offers appropriate training support.
We are an equal opportunities employer, who believes that diversity is good for our people and our business. We encourage all suitably qualified and eligible candidates to apply regardless of their gender identity/expression, age, racial, ethnic and cultural background, religion and beliefs, sexual orientation/identity, disability or neurodiversity.
Applicants with specific needs are encouraged to request reasonable accommodations at any stage during the recruitment process. Please contact the EIB Recruitment team [email protected] who will ensure that your request is handled.
By applying for this position, you acknowledge the importance of maintaining the security and integrity of the Information of the EIB Group. In case of selection for the position you agree to comply with all measures (policies, controls, document classification and management) implemented by the EIB Group to prevent unauthorised disclosure of any information or any damage to the EIB Group reputation.
Deadline for applications: 8th December 2023
Apply for job
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (tendersglobal.net) you saw this internship posting.