European Investment Bank (EIB)
The EIB, the European Union’s bank, is seeking to recruit for its Group Corporate Services Directorate (GCS), Buildings and Logistics Department (BLD), Workplace Solutions Division (WS), Buildings Operations Unit (BO) at its headquarters in Luxembourg, an (Associate) Maintenance Engineer*.
This is a full-time position at grade 4/5 for which the EIB offers a permanent contract.
*internally referred as (Associate) Officer Facilities Management
Panel interviews are anticipated for January 2024.
You will be responsible for activities, services and projects in order to deliver state-of-the-art services to the EIB Group buildings in Luxembourg in order to ensure optimal operation and maintenance of the buildings as well as optimal experience for the end user in line with the EIB Group’s needs, industry best practices and in compliance with facility management standards and processes.
You will report to the Head of the Buildings Operations Unit.
The unit is responsible for the technical maintenance of all EIB Group buildings in Luxembourg. It coordinates preventive and corrective maintenance for HVAC, electrical and FM-IT systems, buildings and ensures the operational lifecycle of all technical building equipment and systems.
On a regular basis, the position may require on-call duties to be performed in the evenings and on weekends.
- Manage complex facilities management contracts autonomously in compliance with relevant EIB policies, GDPR and audit requirements
- Provide advice on the rationalisation, evolution and management of Technical FM Services related to technical installations and on any of the following devices (but not limited to): finishing work stage/phase (second oeuvre), lighting, lifts, energy, blinds, electrical
- Plan deployments and controls upgrades in agreement with the Building Operations Unit team and the maintenance contractor
- Stay abreast of technological and service offering developments in facility management services related to technical systems and advise accordingly the Head of Unit with regular reporting
- Contribute to knowledge-sharing within the division and cross-unit coordination to foster efficient communication with customers, external service providers, other EIB Group directorates
- Coordinate complex activities on site related to building operations in close collaboration with the external suppliers
- University degree (minimum an equivalent to a Bachelor) preferably with a specialisation in electrical/technical engineering or associated disciplines.
- Minimum 3 years of relevant professional experience preferably in technical building maintenance or project management role.
- Experience in managing and monitoring maintenance programs preferably for large industrial installations / buildings.
- Experience in using, implementing and/or managing information systems for industrial installations and/or facility management would be an asset.
- Knowledge of project management principles
- Good working knowledge of French especially within the relevant field. Good knowledge of English. Knowledge of other EU languages would be an advantage.
Find out more about EIB core competencies here
We are an equal opportunities employer, who believes that diversity is good for our people and our business. We encourage all suitably qualified and eligible candidates to apply regardless of their gender identity/expression, age, racial, ethnic and cultural background, religion and beliefs, sexual orientation/identity, disability or neurodiversity.
Applicants with specific needs are encouraged to request reasonable accommodations at any stage during the recruitment process. Please contact the EIB Recruitment team [email protected] who will ensure that your request is handled.
By applying for this position, you acknowledge the importance of maintaining the security and integrity of the Information of the EIB Group. In case of selection for the position you agree to comply with all measures (policies, controls, document classification and management) implemented by the EIB Group to prevent unauthorised disclosure of any information or any damage to the EIB Group reputation.
Deadline for applications: 8th December 2023
Apply for job
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (tendersglobal.net) you saw this internship posting.