Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation
The Enterprise Architecture Division in the IT Department is looking to hire an Associate Systems Engineer for ServiceNow to perform day-to-day administration of the platform including first-level troubleshooting and request fulfillment. This position will also support ongoing development activities on the platform and perform out-of-the-box configuration to meet business requirements.
In addition, the selected candidate will:
- Maintain the stability and usability of the platform across production and non-production environments.
- Perform application maintenance to include performance monitoring and error identification and remediation.
- Support release and deployment activities across environments.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
1. Serves as the primary point of contact for all support issues related to the ServiceNow platform.
2. Provides platform operations and maintenance support; be available for off-hour release deployments and support.
3. Manages clone and promotion activities across environments, including update sets management.
4. Manages instance security: user/group access, administration, access control lists, etc.; audit security logs on the platform for remediation per ServiceNow hardening guidelines and IMF security requirements.
5. Assess impact of changes and work with development teams to minimize technical debt on the platform.
6. Collaborates with HR ServiceNow Team to assess HR changes on the platform, and support releases.
7. Maintains Service Catalog including creating new catalog items, workflow design, publishing to requestors.
8. Identifies opportunities to improve and streamline the overall platform and its performance.
9. Creates knowledge articles for internal knowledge sharing, and for consumption by other teams including the IT Help Desk and End Users.
10. Participates in ServiceNow upgrade planning and execution.
11. Conducts patching and remediation of security vulnerabilities.
12. Creates reports and dashboards using out-of-the-box and performance analytics capabilities.
13. Works with IT Management and VMO to configure SLAs.
14. Provides configuration assistance to development teams.
Educational development, typically acquired through the completion of an advanced university degree or a bachelor’s degree in a related field of study plus a minimum of 6 years of relevant professional experience, is required.
In addition to, the below are highly desired:
- 3+ years of relevant experience using ServiceNow.
- Experience working in at least two applications on the ServiceNow platform (e.g. ITSM, ITOM, CSM, HR Service Delivery, GRC).
- Experience with Single Sign-on configuration and administration.
- Experience configuring and maintain MID Server.
- Knowledge of SAML, Active Directory, or LDAP Integrations.
- Excellent documentation (writing and diagramming), interpersonal, and communication skills.
- Great ability to work in a fast-moving environment and with minimal supervision.
- Ability to provide recommendations on system access control.
- Ability to create and configure Business Rules, UI Policies, UI Actions, Client Scripts.
- Familiarity with loading, transforming and importing data.
- ServiceNow System Administration Certification.
- ITILv3 or ITIL4 Certification.
This is a one-year contractual appointment. Contractual appointments at the IMF are renewable for up to four years of cumulative contractual service, pending incumbent’s performance, budget availability, and continuous business need.
ITDEA Information Technology Department Enterprise Architecture & Automation
The IMF is committed to achieving a diverse staff, including age, creed, culture, disability, educational background, ethnicity, gender, gender expression, nationality, race, religion and beliefs, and sexual orientation.
Apply for job
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (tendersglobal.net) you saw this job posting.