European Investment Bank
The Western Europe Division (WE) deals with the legal documentation and legal issues for projects in the following countries: France, Belgium, Netherlands, Luxembourg, Ireland and United Kingdom. The lawyer will assist the Head of Division and Head of Department, together with other legal advisers, in providing legal support to the operational directorates, carrying out work related to all tasks within the remit of the division.
- As a (Senior) Banking and Finance Lawyer you will act under the general authority of the Head of Division, in cooperation with the other colleagues of the Division and in accordance with the priorities established by the Head of Division.
- The post may involve a certain amount of travel for negotiations and signatures of legal documentation and contracts.
The (Senior) Banking and Finance Lawyer will carry out work related to all of the Division’s responsibilities and work independently on lending and financing operations. The lawyer will draw up, as necessary, reports on completed transactions and prepare her/his own proposals when consulted on fundamental or unusual issues. S/he will:
- Draft and negotiate legal documentation for lending and financing operations for:
- projects in the aforementioned countries, with focus on Irish / UK operations, notably bilateral loans with banking counterparts, public entities and major corporates
- PPP/ project finance operations, with the assistance from external legal counsels
- structured finance operations, including ABS and covered bond type operations
- other forms of financing, including risk – sharing structures, on funded and unfunded basis, equity and quasi-equity products (mezzanine and subordinated instruments, warrants)
This includes: advising on structuring, drafting of documents, legal advisory support, conclusion of contracts, completion of all related legal formalities, and legal monitoring (including loan restructuring and other post-signature events)
Manage contacts and negotiations
- Prepare terms of reference for external counsel and other consultants, liaise and supervise their work, whenever necessary
- Complete the administrative formalities vis-à-vis clients
- Provide legal solutions, documentation and advice on complex legal and policy issues and legally protect the Bank
- Contribute to development of legal policies for own domain
- Coach and support less experienced colleagues on operations and on the Bank’s procedures
- Proactively keep up to date with legal developments in legislation, regulations and jurisprudence pertaining to the relevant region and share relevant knowledge
- Conduct research and conduct legal studies on issues of law arising in connection with EIB’s operations and in the context of developing new financial instruments
- Develop and maintain relationships within EIB and represent EIB externally in particular with Irish and UK law firms.
- University degree in law, preferably at Master level and qualified in Irish or UK law.
- Qualification or professional experience in Common Law. Qualification in Civil Law will be an advantage.
- Significant experience in the drafting and negotiation of finance documentation in English.
- Solid experience of bank lending and finance, project finance or PPP transactions and/or experience in financing activity of regulated sectors would be an advantage.
- Minimum 5 years of professional experience relevant for the job, in the field of bank lending and/or project finance, acquired with a law firm of international repute or the in-house legal department of a financial institution.
- Very good knowledge of standard computer tools.
- Excellent knowledge of English and/or French (*), with a good command of the other. Dutch would be an advantage
Recommend your friend
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (tendersglobal.net) you saw this job posting.
National consultant for climate change and children/adolescents United Nations Children's Fund Experience: 5 to 10 Years Tirana, Albania Apply By: 08-06-2023AnywhereAnywhere
National Project Coordinator – NOB (DC)United Nations Environment Programme (UNEP)Nairobi, KenyaNairobi, Kenya
Renovation of Herat Multi-Drug Resistance TB Ward, Regional Reference Lab, and PUnited Nations Development ProgrammeAnywhereAnywhere
National Project Officer – NOA (DC)United Nations Development Programme (UNDP)Nairobi, KenyaNairobi, Kenya