CONCERN-Professional Services for Children, Youth and Families
Are you looking to encourage growth and promote positive, healthy lives? CONCERN is a non-profit human services organization dedicated to providing child welfare, juvenile justice, and behavioral health services to children and their families. Since 1978, CONCERN has brought hope, offered opportunity, and inspired change in the communities that we serve.
We are searching for a full-time Co-Responder that will work with multiple systems including the Police Department to stabilize those in need of rehabilitation by linking with least restrictive services to address current needs and to prevent a higher level of care. Co-Responders work to improve communication and coordination between and among human service providers, the criminal justice system, and the larger community.
The ideal candidate will have strong communication and organizational skills with the ability to work well both independently and within teams. This exciting opportunity will allow you to develop, nurture and grow relationships with local law enforcement and service providers to enhance county-wide mental health services, lead key community work groups, and oversee the area prevention campaigns.
The work schedule is flexible and based on the scheduling needs of the clients as well as the needs of the Police Department(s).
What do I need?
Education and Experience
Master’s degree in human services/criminal justice preferred with three (3) years’ experience working in mental health systems and forensics;
Bachelor’s degree in human services/criminal justice preferred with five (5) years’ experience working in mental health systems and forensics;
Certification in Motivational Interviewing (preferred)
- You will have a valid driver’s license.
- You will have ability to travel both within Tioga County and outside of the county for conferences and job training as needed.
- You will have or willing to obtain required state and federal clearances.
- You will be able to work independently or with a team while also demonstrating strong interpersonal communication skills.
- You will be able to organize, prioritize and multi-task while paying strong attention to detail.
- You will be able to respond to an incident within a timely manner.
- You will have strong decision making and problem-solving skills.
What will I do?
- You will act as a liaison and provides linkage between the Criminal Justice Advisory Board, the Court, Human Services, and Mental Health and Drug and Alcohol services to improve communication and coordination amongst these groups and the larger community. This involves facilitating and leading the Stepping Up subcommittee of the Criminal Justice Advisory Board and a county wide suicide prevention and mental health awareness campaign.
- You will gather all necessary data and assist in preparing reports regarding client treatment for funding and other entities as needed and appropriate.
- You will conduct meetings, trainings, and other activities for referrals to the co-responder program.
- You will develop and foster relationships with volunteer groups, faith-based organizations, and service providers to enhance mental health services.
- You will follow up with service requests by the Police Department within one business day specifically to support those identified as needing mental health and/or drug and alcohol rehabilitation to divert them away from the criminal justice system or to decrease their length of incarceration.
- You will obtain and/or review initial intake/referral/payer information and document in Electronic Health Record.
- You will conduct follow-up calls to consumers of Crisis Intervention Services in accordance with practice standards and program policy.
- You will support, educate, and assist with training/mentoring other Crisis Intervention Specialists working in the crisis program.
What will I get?
$31,500 – $38,500 /year
Medical (3 plans to choose from) – Eligible the first of the month following 60 days!
Dental – Eligible the first of the month following 60 days!
Vision (Agency Paid!) – Eligible the first of the month following 60 days!
Flexible Spending Account
Generous PTO (Increases with Service Milestones)
401k w/ Agency match
10 Paid Holidays (Including your Birthday!)
Employee Assistance Program (Resources for you and your family)
Employee Referral Program
Short-Term Disability (Agency Paid!)
Long-Term Disability (Agency Paid!)
Life & AD&D Insurance (Agency Paid!)
& a variety of voluntary add on options!
What happens next?
After you apply, a member of the hiring team will review your qualifications and experience. If determined you are a good match, we will be in touch to schedule an interview.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $31,500.00 – $38,500.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Referral program
- Retirement plan
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- Monday to Friday
- On call
- Weekend availability
- Bachelor’s (Required)
Work Location: One location
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (tendersglobal.net) you saw this posting.