The laboratory of Dr. Akhilesh Pandey in the Department of Laboratory Medicine and Pathology at Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minnesota has a position for a Bioinformatics Scientist to work on multiple aspects of large Omics datasets including genomics, transcriptomics, proteomics, and metabolomics. Mayo Clinic is the nation’s best hospital (U.S. News & World Report, 2022-2023) and ranked #1 in more specialties than any other care provider.
About Dr. Pandey’s Laboratory
The advancement of multi-Omics technologies in the recent years and their diverse applications in the study of health and disease is revolutionizing the research landscape. Analysis, integration, and harmonization of the big-data from multi-Omics technologies is crucial for development of novel insights that can provide new insights into health and disease; and can be translated into clinical applications. Dr. Pandey’s research group (https://akhileshpandey.org/) in the Department of Laboratory Medicine and Pathology at Mayo Clinic, Rochester is a pioneer in the field of systems biology and mass spectrometry-based proteomics. The central theme of Dr. Pandey’s research group (https://akhileshpandey.org/) involves to application of cutting-edge multi-Omics technologies to develop diagnostics and therapeutics on a variety of diseases utilizing advanced data analysis as well as integration techniques in combination with machine-learning. The successful applicant will contribute to our efforts on development of diagnostics and therapeutic targets for a number of diseases including cancer.
- Development, optimization, and deployment of data processing pipelines for diverse multi-Omics datasets.
- Integrate newly generated data with existing publicly available databases (e.g. TCGA).
- Develop novel machine-learning algorithms to model disease prediction and stratification methods.
- Facilitate data-driven insights for novel hypotheses generation and better understanding of the disease/phenotype.
- Collaborate with multidisciplinary teams to introduce data science applications into new research themes to advance the research landscape.
- Provide data visualization and aid in dissemination of the research output.
- Master’s/Ph.D. in Bioinformatics, Data Science, or related fields.
- High proficiency in LINUX environments as well as programming languages such as Python, and R.
- Hands-on experience in working with high-performance clusters, job submissions in clusters, and network storage.
- Experience in managing and analyzing large multi-OMICS datasets such as genomics (WES/WGS), transcriptomics (bulkRNA-Seq/scRNA-Seq), proteomics, and metabolomics.
- Experience in working with cloud environments such as AWS is desirable.
- Understanding of best practices in software development (e.g., version control) is desirable.
- Knowledge and experience in basic statistical concepts and machine learning (Linear Regression, Logistic Regression, Pandas, Scikit-learn, Numpy, Keras, TensorFlow, PyTorch, etc.) is desirable.
Salary will be commensurate with qualifications, experience and accomplishments.
How to Apply
Please submit a cover letter, and CV with contact information of 2-3 references using the submission form given below. Short-listed candidates will be invited for an online interview. The position will remain open until filled.