Office of Human Resources
Description for Job: IRC24783
Location: New Orleans, LA
The Biostatistician is required to manage genomic and phenotypic data for NIH funded projects in the Department of Epidemiology. He/she will be responsible for the creation, updating, maintenance, quality control and filtering, validation, security and analyses of research projects databases; along with multi- platform system programing and provision of computerized reports as needed. He/she will also be responsible for developing bioinformatics and data analysis protocols and pipelines, and assisting with faculty analytic projects with a variety of other study related tasks, in compliance with standard operating procedures and regulatory agencies guidelines.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
• Proficient in SAS and R statistical software.
• Proficient in Linux based operating systems.
• Proficient in management, annotation, imputation and analysis of large scale genomics data.
• Proficient in the Microsoft Office Suite.
• Proficient using a variety of genomic analysis software.
• Excellent organizational, communication and interpersonal skills.
• Highly organized and detail oriented.
• Ability to pay attention to detail with a high degree of accuracy.
• Ability to work independently as well as part of a team.
Required Education and/or Experience
• Bachelor’s Degree in statistics, biostatistics, or mathematics.
• One year of experience and proficiency in data analysis using SAS, R Software packages.
• Masters in biostatistics or related field.
• Experience with large-scale sequencing data.
• Strong familiarity with ability to follow research protocols.
• Five years experience in genomic research.
This position is a non-exempt, hourly position assigned to pay grade 25. Tulane offers a variety of options to enhance your health and well-being so that
you may enjoy more out of life now and in the future. Learn more about Life at Tulane
as well as our Benefits and Pay . See our
Candidate Resources to learn more about our hiring process and what to expect.
How to Apply
Click “Apply Now” to apply for this job.
This position will close on the date it is filled
Please Note: Tulane University has officially adopted a mandatory COVID-19 vaccination policy, which includes the requirement of a booster when eligible. All employees and visiting faculty must be fully vaccinated with a COVID-19 vaccination or obtain approval for a medical or religious exemption prior to beginning employment.
Tulane University is an EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled employer with a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion. Applications by members of all underrepresented groups are encouraged.
Apply now >>>
>>> Back to Search Page <<<
© Gibson Hall, Tulane University • 6823 St Charles Avenue, New Orleans, LA 70118 • 504-865-4748 • [email protected]
View or Apply
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your email – cover/motivation letter where (tendersglobal.net) you saw this job posting.