Red House Solutions Ltd.
About Red House Solutions:
Red House Solutions LTD. is a private corporation that began in 2020, providing consulting reports and services through knowledge, guidance, and expertise to affordable housing providers, such as housing cooperatives, not-for-profit societies (and the like) looking to find tailored solutions for their real estate holdings. Team members of Red House Solutions are driven by a passion to play a part in solving the affordable housing crisis facing our communities today, and we are looking for someone that shares that mutual passion to join our team!
Job Purpose: Reporting to the Director, the ideal candidate not only shares the mutual belief that affordable housing is a fundamental right in our society, but they are to provide all the financial, administrative, and transactional support required for Red House Solutions and its subsidiary and associated companies, and clients, which includes, but is not limited to the maintenance of accurate records and files, processing of payments, collection of rents, management of payments and general ledgers, trial balances and related source documents.
Applicants that DO NOT submit a cover letter WILL NOT be considered for this role. We invite you to please review the below job deliverables and include in your cover letter why you believe you would be the right fit to join our team.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- AP transactions. (including invoice entry, review, reconciliation, and payable follow up)
- AR transactions. (including invoice entry, review, reconciliation, and receivables follow up)
- Verify the accuracy of the information and ensure approvals are valid, and in accordance with spending policies.
- Maintain a set of working papers for each entity and client.
- Prepare Monthly financial statements with schedules and evidenced reconciliations for all balance sheet accounts for each entity and client.
- Assist with year end reconciliations and liaise with external accountants, including auditors for clients.
- Perform administrative tasks such as managing/responding to emails in the AP and AR inboxes, opening mail by post and maintaining an organized filing system.
- Maintain strong relationships with all departments, suppliers, clients and vendors to ensure processing of invoices and payments remains timely.
- Handle enquiries and resolve AP and AR-related issues, as well as financial transactions.
- Support the team with process improvement initiatives.
- Ad-hoc projects, tasks and activities as needed.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $45,000.00-$55,000.00 per year
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- Flexible schedule
- On-site parking
- Vision care
- Monday to Friday
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Victoria, BC: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- Did you submit a cover letter? Applicants that do not submit a cover letter WILL NOT be considered.
- Bookkeeping: 3 years (required)
- English (required)
- Driving License and Vehicle (required)
Work Location: One location
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (tendersglobal.net) you saw this job posting.