Albany Public Schools Foundation
The mission of the Albany Public Schools Foundation (APSF) is to generate and distribute resources that enrich and enhance education opportunities for all students, encourage teachers to implement innovative educational programs, and award scholarships to Albany Public School District students.
Every Student. Every Opportunity to Succeed.
APSF is hiring a full cycle bookkeeper who has working knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP) and a high level of proficiency with QuickBooks and MS Excel. You should be a self-starter with excellent organizational skills, attention to detail and the ability to prioritize. You will coordinate and perform administrative, financial and communication support functions across all program areas. It is important that you possess excellent written and verbal communication skills and work well as part of a collaborative team.
Reports to: Executive Director
- Performs daily financial tasks including preparing deposits, accounts payable and receivable, QuickBooks & Donor Snap data entry, and check preparation
- Monthly account reconciliations and year-end closing
- Assists Executive Director with financial reports, budget, audit and 990 preparation
- Maintains all financial records and internal control systems to assure compliance
- Oversees employee benefits administration and new employee intake forms
- Assists in general office administration
- Works with Development and program staff to provide financial information for grant proposals and reports. Tracks compliance with donor restrictions on the use of funds
- Prepares event financials and assists with event reconciliation. Invoices and tracks sponsor accounts receivable
- Assists with grant programs within Foundant: Classroom Grants, Enrichment Grants, Big Impact, Special Circumstance and Donor Designated Grants. Duties include: tracking applications and prepping award checks. Tracks Donor Designated accounts and payouts
- Assists with the scholarship program. Duties include maintaining applicant award and deferral records, tracking endowed and non-endowed scholarships, helping with recipient communications and prepping award checks
- Tracks and reconciles GAPS payroll deduction pledges and payments, online donations and affiliate program donations
- Responsible for following and implementing Document Destruction and Retention Policy as well as maintaining both online and physical organizational records
- Works with the Executive Director to create Standard Operating Procedures
- Attends and takes notes at the financial management committee meetings
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed
- Occasional work may be on weekends or evenings for special events
- Excellent knowledge of general accounting principles
- A bachelors or associates degree in finance, bookkeeping or related field is preferred. Experience may be substituted for the degree requirement. Experience with nonprofit accounting is a huge plus.
- A minimum of three years’ experience using QuickBooks (or similar accounting software) is essential. Knowledge of donor support software, Google Workspace and Foundant is a plus.
- Able to prepare, review and understand a financial statement
- High level of proficiency in MS Office (specifically MS Excel and MS Word)
- Excellent business verbal and written communication skills
- Trustworthy and maintains confidences
- Attention to detail and accuracy of work
Health and Safety
This employee will report to the Albany Public Schools Foundation office, located in Albany, Oregon. The office is on school district property and therefore subject to Oregon Department of Education and Greater Albany Public School District health and safety protocols.
Duties will primarily be conducted indoors in an office environment. This position requires the ability to sit and work at a computer for extended periods. The employee must maintain a professional personal appearance appropriate to the position.
This position is full-time, hourly, with flexibility needed for special events, meetings or occasional presentations outside of normal work hours. Some evening and weekend work may be required. Typical work hours are Monday-Friday from 8am-5pm. A valid driver’s license is required for use of your own vehicle for occasional errands and travel to meeting sites (if not at the office). Mileage is reimbursed at the state rate.
Benefits include medical, dental and vision coverage. APSF offers a Simple IRA and contributes up to 3% of an employee’s annual wage (as calculated on a monthly basis).
Position may include professional development opportunities.
PTO: The employee will earn 15 days of paid time off plus 11 paid holidays annually.
Note: This is not necessarily an exhaustive or all-inclusive list of responsibilities, skills, duties, requirements, efforts, functional or working conditions associated with the job. This job description is not a contract of employment or a promise or guarantee of any specific terms or conditions of employment. The Foundation may add to, modify or delete any aspect of this at any time as it deems advisable.
The Albany Public Schools Foundation is committed to creating a welcoming environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $20.00 – $24.00 per hour
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- 8 hour shift
Work Location: One location
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (tendersglobal.net) you saw this posting.