Womenâs Enterprise Centre of Manitoba
The Women’s Enterprise Centre of Manitoba (WECM) is a non-profit organization that delivers a wide range of business resources and supports to women owned and led businesses in Manitoba.
We are currently looking to fill the position of Business Advisor. Our ideal candidate is enthusiastic about supporting Manitoba women successfully start, operate, and grow their own business.
What We Do
Our team of advisors is committed to guiding, encouraging, and supporting women business owners along their path to success—from early start, expansion, through to transition and, in some cases, sale of the business. We accomplish this by offering advising, financing, and training services designed to help women business owners succeed.
With your strong business acumen and entrepreneurial passion, you will provide service and support to our clients including loans of up to $150,000. You are a critical thinker and client focused. You possess active listening skills, strong emotional intelligence, and are great at connecting with people. You pride yourself on being a continual learner and keeping abreast of business and market conditions.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Business Plan Reviews
· Detailed analysis, discovery, and ability to communicate necessary enhancements to be made to the client
· Provide critical feedback where appropriate in a supportive and empathetic manner
· Strong financial assessment, which includes analysis of accountant-prepared statements and in-house accounting reports as well as understanding and communicating the meaning behind the numbers and the impact that the financial results may have on the business short-term and long-term
Facilitating Seminars, Training, and Presentations to Stakeholders
· Providing inspiring and informative training sessions to new and existing clients
· Exceptional communication skills resulting in building community, connections, and relationships
· Ability to deliver set programming as well as create and develop new presentations and training
· Creating engaging learning environments that satisfy all learning styles (online and offline)
Qualifications and Assets
· A post-secondary education in a business-related field of study
· Experience in an advisory role
· Business management experience, ideally in an entrepreneurial setting.
· A collaborator and connector with excellent communication skills
· Critical thinking abilities.
· Exceptional facilitation skills.
· Works well independently and collaboratively.
· Ability to work outside of regular business hours on occasion.
· Ability to communicate in more than one language is a definite asset.
To apply for this position, please do so on Indeed. We respectfully ask that you do not contact the centre directly. Any further inquiries regarding this opportunity can be directed to Customized Recruitment.
We thank all those that apply, however only those that meet the qualifications of this role will be contacted.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- Monday to Friday
- Do you have post-secondary education in a business-related field of study?
- Do you have experience working in an advisory role?
Work Location: In person
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (tendersglobal.net) you saw this job posting.