About Prairieland Park
Saskatoon Prairieland Park Corporation (Prairieland Park) is a leader in developing and hosting a diverse range of trade shows, conventions, conferences, industry expos, live entertainment shows, and signature events, including the flagship Saskatoon EX, Gardenscape, Entertainment Expo and Glow YXE.
The Prairieland Ag Center continues to be the center for agricultural excellence and hosts the Western Canadian Crop Production Show, Saskatchewan Beef Expo, and Saskatchewan Equine Expo, as well as youth 4-H and other agricultural programs and livestock events.
Established in 1886, Prairieland Park is a member-based independent non-profit organization governed by a Board of Directors.
Prairieland Park is an integral member of the Saskatoon and Saskatchewan community and is committed to remaining a vibrant and welcoming gathering place for all. With 136 acres and over 200,000 square feet of world-class event and meeting space, including the World Trade Center, Prairieland Park is one of Canada’s premier venues and welcomes over 1.6 million visitors annually.
We are excited about our future and are growing our team to support our initiatives. We are currently seeking five new key positions including a Business Development Associate.
About the Business Development Associate
Reporting to the Director, Sales & Events, the Business Development Associate identifies and pursues business opportunities aligned with the strategic direction of the organization. The Business Development Associate also investigates and analyzes various business opportunities and develops the business plan, including financial models to present to the Executive for approval.
- Identify and pursue various business opportunities
- Conduct market and business research related to internal operations
- Develop business cases and financial models
- Draft comprehensive reports
- Work with various stakeholders to collect and compile information and analysis
- Prepare presentations for external audiences
- Present to various stakeholders
- Manage projects in initial stages
- Business or related degree; a combination of education and experience will be considered
- 7+ years experience in business development
- Experience with MS 365, especially Excel
- Experience with PM software
- Strong analytical skills
- Ability to develop effective relationships with internal and external stakeholders
Job Type: Full-time
- Company pension
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- On-site gym
- On-site parking
- Day shift
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Saskatoon, SK: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- Bachelor’s Degree (preferred)
- business development: 7 years (preferred)
Work Location: One location
Application deadline: 2023-02-03
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (tendersglobal.net) you saw this job posting.