**£40,000 – £43,000
Farringdon, London – with international travel, up to 30% annually
The job of a Save the Children’s UK Business Development Pricing Lead is interesting and fulfilling.**
• Are you commercially minded with a passion for data and numbers?
• Do you enjoy analysing and interrogating data?
• Are you passionate about using data to influence business decisions?
• Do you have exceptional interpersonal, influencing and relationship-building skills?
• Are you motivated by our vision of creating a world where every child doesn’t just survive, but thrives, and can go on to change the world?
If the answers to these questions are yes, we would love to hear from you!
Save the Children UK believes every child deserves a future. In the UK and around the world, we work every day to give children a healthy start in life, the opportunity to learn and protection from harm. When crisis strikes, and children are most vulnerable, we are always among the first to respond and the last to leave. We ensure children’s unique needs are met and their voices are heard. We deliver lasting results for millions of children, including those hardest to reach.
Reporting directly to the Business Development Team Lead, the Business Development Pricing Lead is an active member of the Business Development Team that is responsible for demonstrating to our donors the benefits for them of working with Save the Children through the delivery compelling and mutually beneficial proposals which deliver real change for children.
As Business Development Pricing Lead, you will enable Save the Children to secure large-scale, multi-million-pound contract and grant funding from FCDO, The World Bank and other Institutional donors, working closely with Senior/Business Development Managers, Technical Leads, Finance Managers, and consortium partners in the UK and Country Offices, throughout the design process. You will also lead the pricing of proposals and support the development of winning commercial strategies using effective analysis to assess competitiveness of programme design and pricing.
Key duties will include leading the pricing and budgeting process for bids and ensuring proposal budgets and pricing are in line with technical design, operational planning and the commercial strategy. You will also play a lead role on undertaking analyses to support the development of pricing strategies, cashflow forecasts, financial risk assessments and payment-by-results contracting modalities.
As a rights-based organisation, we are committed to anti-racism and actively opposed systemic oppression of any form. The Business Development Pricing Lead will also support our commitment to celebrate diversity, challenge inequality, and build an inclusive environment for every one of our employees so we can better represent the children we protect.
• Play a lead role in the programme design process advising on the development of winning cost/price strategies, underpinned by robust assessment of funder ToRs and scoring criteria, market competition and programme need.
• Lead production of high quality, well-written narrative for commercial and financial proposals.
• Support Business Development Managers to agree and negotiate commercial arrangements with partners organisations. Serve as lead liaison point with consortium partners in relation to budgeting and pricing.
• Support Business Development Managers to undertake pricing and commercial negotiations with funders.
Tools, Templates and Capacity Building
• Create and maintain ready-to-use Excel-based pricing templates and tools for services/PBR contracts for key Institutional funders. Adapt templates as required for specific requirements of each opportunity.
• Troubleshoot and support end-users with application and use of templates and tools.
• Support COs and Regional Portfolio Teams to mobilise projects, post-win, for specific conditions of contracts and grants.
• Lead on commercial aspects of kick-off/mobilisation activities, supporting Country Teams to meet requirements of service contracts and other PBR funding modalities.
• Benchmark Save the Children UK’s costs and pricing in bids.
• Undertake on-the-job training and capacity building activities on commercial proposal development with country office operational and finance staff and HQ based staff, as appropriate.
• Competent in the development of large budgets (£1m+) for institutional donors and presenting budget information to donors.
• Preference for experience of pricing contracts and/or grants involving payment-by-results.
• Preference for experience in consortium/partnership development or management, with a focus on commercial arrangements.
• Solid understanding of value for money (VfM) principles.
• Solid understanding of financial principles and systems. Experience of using financial systems.
• Confident in mathematics, an advanced user of Excel (advanced formulas and functions for example), with ability to translate qualitative information into logical budgeting/pricing.
• Excellent inter-personal skills and clear ability to build and maintain both internal and external relationships at a variety of levels.
• Excellent organisational skills with ability to provide support to multiple bids.
• Strong negotiation and influencing skills in relation to complex stakeholder networks/matrix relationships.
• Fluency in English with excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Rigorous and methodical, with excellent attention to detail.
• Willingness and ability to travel overseas several times a year.
• Degree level qualification or equivalent experience in programmatic/financial/commercial discipline.
Save the Children UK is committed to diversity and equality of opportunity in all aspects of our work both external and internal. We strive to be an inclusive employer and particularly encourage applications from under-represented groups such as returning parents or carers who are re-entering work after a career break, people who are LGBT+, from Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic backgrounds, with a disability, impairment, learning difference or long-term condition, with caring responsibilities, from different nations and regions, and from less advantaged socioeconomic backgrounds.
Please note applications will be considered on a rolling basis