- Data collection, quality assurance, and data analysis related to establishments of business operations baselines for capacities and costs.
- Preparing and giving presentations to communicate the methodologies and gained insights from the analysis and facilitate facts-based decision-making.
- Framing and improving methodologies for data gathering and analysis with the aim of furthering the Efficiency Reform.
- Undertaking cost benefit analysis related to established future scenarios.
- Ongoing change management engagement with stakeholders and related communications.
- Prototyping, developing visually compelling reports, dashboards and KPI scorecards, as well as developing data models using various data sources.
- Knowledge, data, and user management activities through SharePoint, MS Teams, Yammer, and other UN systems.
The consultant will be primarily engaged supporting the roll-out of the Common Back Offices (CBOs) but may also support other initiatives and areas of work covering the Business Operations Strategies, Common Premises, Global Shared Services, and Efficiency Reporting, among others as required.
Remote (CET Time Zone)
3 March – 31 Dec 23
Duties and Responsibilities
- Participate in discussions with team members to align on objectives, activities, timelines and outputs for the various initiatives, as applicable.
- Provide analytical and project management support.
- Support initiative owners in driving implementation forward.
- Support UNDCO to perform data collection through the creation and design of engagement processes for the different initiatives.
- Support UNDCO to perform analysis on service delivery effectiveness and efficiency, areas for optimization and improvement, review current service approaches at global and country levels and support launches, as needed.
- Support the consolidation of business requirements (including functional design), data mapping, and implementation of methodologies to allow flexibility and further iterative design.
- Identify dependencies, relationships, and integrations points to ensure proper solution development and integration with other systems, as needed.
- Coordinate and prioritize development efforts, interfacing with other technical teams including developers and system administrators.
- Use Power BI and other relevant statistical and data visualization tools to process and analyze data and information, and present it in useful formats for decision-making (e.g. dashboards, maps and infographics) and formulate methodologies and approaches.
- Consolidate information on a regular basis to support analysis and derive information products.
- Support the production of regular reports, slide decks and statistics highlighting progress on implementation of solutions, KPIs and others as needed.
- Assist in preparation of and participate in regular knowledge interchange, meetings, joint events as needed.
- Any other duties as assigned by the direct supervisor.
P3 Advanced university degree (Master’s degree or equivalent degree) with 5 years of work experience is required . A first-level university degree in combination with two additional years of qualifying experience may be accepted in lieu of the advanced university degree.
English and French are the working languages of the United Nations Secretariat. For the post advertised, fluency in oral and written English is required. Knowledge of another official United Nations language is an advantage.
THE UNITED NATIONS DOES NOT CHARGE A FEE AT ANY STAGE OF THE RECRUITMENT PROCESS (APPLICATION, INTERVIEW MEETING, PROCESSING, OR TRAINING). THE UNITED NATIONS DOES NOT CONCERN ITSELF WITH INFORMATION ON APPLICANTS’ BANK ACCOUNTS.
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (tendersglobal.net) you saw this job posting.