University of Kansas
Career & Experiential Learning
The Career Coordinator, Sr.—Career Events and Programs, organizes and coordinates interactions between external partners and the University Career Center related to the experiential learning and post-graduate employment opportunities for KU students. The incumbent coordinates partnerships with local and national employers, alumni and campus partners to facilitate student experiential learning and employment opportunities.
The University Career Center recognizes the important role it plays in the recruitment, retention, and post-graduate success of the high-quality students attending The University of Kansas. Toward that end, we offer a wide range of quality services designed to support and challenge students at all stages of the career development and implementation continuum. For more information about the University Career Center visit career.ku.edu .
If you are looking for a rewarding and dynamic career, look no further than the University of Kansas. In addition to a competitive salary, KU offers great benefits to employees with up to 176 hours of paid vacation per year, 96 hours of sick leave earned per year, 9 paid holidays plus one discretionary day, a great retirement program, medical and dental insurance, life and disability insurance, other benefit plan options and state of Kansas discounts offered by various vendors. KU also offers employees educational opportunities for employees. KU is a great place to work!
About Lawrence, KS
The University of Kansas is located in Lawrence, a community of about 95,000. Only 35 miles west of Kansas City and 20 miles east of Topeka, you will never be far from barbecue, jazz, museum culture, and more. Lawrence has a lively downtown and a thriving arts and music scene, and its local government has enacted ordinances supporting equality for all members of its population. Lawrence locals covet the numerous sports and recreational opportunities, local shops, and a wide range of locally-owned restaurants.
40% Program and Event Management
- Manage assigned UCC career events and programs.
- Oversee all event logistics such as event registrations, event parking, catering and space reservations, and volunteer recruitment.
- Collect and analyze post-event data to monitor student learning outcomes and other pertinent metrics. create and distribute post-event reports to UCC leadership.
- Make data-informed recommendations for improving UCC events and programs; stay up to date with industry trends on career events and programming.
- Manage and update contact details of employers attending events in the HireJayhawks.com system.
- Collaborate with UCC staff to develop programs and events with campus and industry partners.
- Build and maintain event sponsor relationships; provide post-event follow up to ensure sponsor satisfaction and continued support.
- Serve as Chairperson of the UCC events committee and act as liaison to the events teams in other campus career service offices.
- Coordinate with UCC Marketing Team to create and distribute marketing collateral and execute social media strategies to promote UCC events across campus.
- Respond to all event inquiries from employers, students, staff, campus partners and the community.
- Recruit volunteers to work at UCC events.
- Other duties as assigned by UCC leadership.
Contact Information to Applicants
Ann Hartley, 785-864-4517
Additional Candidate Instruction
In addition to the online application, the following documents are required to be considered for this position:
Incomplete applications will not be considered.
- Application review begins Wednesday, April 12, 2023 and continues until a pool of qualified applicants is identified.
Advertised Salary Range
Minimum $41,299, final determination commensurate with experience
Application Review Begins
Anticipated Start Date
University of Kansas Lawrence Campus
U-Unclassified Professional Staff
Work Location Assignment
The University of Kansas prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, religion, sex, national origin, age, ancestry, disability status as a veteran, sexual orientation, marital status, parental status, gender identity, gender expression, and genetic information in the university’s programs and activities. Retaliation is also prohibited by university policy. The following persons have been designated to handle inquiries regarding the nondiscrimination policies and are the Title IX coordinators for their respective campuses: Director of the Office of Civil Rights & Title IX, [email protected], Room 1082, Dole Human Development Center, 1000 Sunnyside Avenue, Lawrence, KS 66045, 785-864-6414, 711 TTY (for the Lawrence, Edwards, Parsons, Yoder, and Topeka campuses); Director, Equal Opportunity Office, Mail Stop 7004, 4330 Shawnee Mission Parkway, Fairway, KS 66205, 913-588-8011, 711 TTY (for the Wichita, Salina, and Kansas City, Kansas medical center campuses).
View or Apply
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your email – cover/motivation letter where (tendersglobal.net) you saw this job posting.