Cottonwood Community Alternatives, Inc.
Welcome to Cottonwood Community Alternatives, Inc.
- Do you enjoy helping people?
- Do you have a passion for the IDD/DD community?
- Are you creative and detail oriented?
Cottonwood Community Alternatives, Inc. is a private, non-profit agency established in 1991 to provide residential and day program services to Colorado citizens with intellectual and developmental disabilities (IDD). Cottonwood’s motto is “People Serving People,” and that is what we strive to do both for the individuals we support and our employees.
Cottonwood believes in providing a variety of community-based supports and services to individuals with IDD, empowering them to live as independently and productively as possible while promoting individual choice, dignity, and quality of life.
Your Career Starts Here
Being a Direct Support Professional is more than just helping someone with their daily activities, it is assisting someone to live a meaningful life. Direct care is a valuable career that not only changes the lives of the individuals you support, but also changes your life too!
Cottonwood is seeking multiple full time direct support professionals to work with individuals directly in their group homes.
BENEFITS FOR FULL-TIME EMPLOYEES:
- Health insurance.
- Voluntary dental and vision insurance.
- Company paid life/AD&D and long-term disability insurance.
- 401k retirement plan with company match.
- Flexible spending account.
- Paid PTO and holidays.
- Potential for performance-based raise annually.
BONUS: $250 at 3, 6, 9 and 12 months for new hire only if in good standing (total of $1,000)!
- 2 1/2 Day Shift – Littleton – Saturday 6a – Monday 2p
- 2 1/2 Day Shift – Denver – Sunday 2p – Tuesday 10p
- 2 1/2 Day Shift – Denver – Friday 2p – Sunday 10p
- 2 1/2 Day Shift – Denver – Wednesday 10p – Saturday 6a, Saturday 6a-Monday 2p, and Monday 2p – Wednesday 10p
- 2 1/2 Day Shift – Englewood – Tuesday 2p – Thursday 10p
- 2 1/2 Day Shift – Englewood – Friday 6a- Sunday 2p
** 24-Hour periods are compensated at 16 hours; allowing for 8 hours of uncompensated sleep time. You do get to sleep on the shift, but you are required to be at the property for the duration of your shift. **
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Experience working with adults with developmental & intellectual preferred.
- Mature & dependable individual; minimum age of 21.
- Valid Driver’s License.
- Must meet background and reference requirements.
- Reliable Vehicle with Proof of Auto Insurance.
- Clean Driving Record. We will ask you to supply your Motor Vehicle Record (MVR). No suspensions & less than three tickets in three years.
- Computer/smart phone skills sufficient to complete required documentation.
- Provide direct care and supervision for people with intellectual and developmental disabilities in the community and in their personal home.
- Assist individuals in completing living skills, money management, crafts, and community participation, hygiene routine, household cleaning, and meal preparation.
- Plan and carry out a variety of recreational activities to advance social development (outings to museums, parks, dances, recreation center, etc.).
- Provide transportation to individuals as needed.
- Assist with medical care / hygiene care as needed (medication administration, toileting, etc.).
- Implement and document individual goals and medical tracking electronically.
Full job description will be provided upon request. Cottonwood is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
If you are ready for a career change and to be part of a life changing team, apply today!’
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $19.00 per hour
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- Day shift
- Night shift
- Overnight shift
Supplemental pay types:
- Bonus pay
- DSP: 1 year (Preferred)
- Driver’s License (Required)
Work Location: One location
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (tendersglobal.net) you saw this job posting.