Toi Ohomai Institute of Technology
- Full Time
- Application Closes
04 Nov 2022
- Bay of Plenty – Rotorua
- Education Teacher, Postsecondary
Full-time Permanent – Rotorua
This is an exciting opportunity to be part of New Zealand’s newest, and the Bay of Plenty’s largest, tertiary education provider.
Toi Ohomai Institute of Technology is one of New Zealand’s largest Institutes of Technology serving the Bay of Plenty and South Waikato regions with major campuses in Rotorua, Tauranga, Whakatāne, Taupō and Tokoroa, and learning centres spread across the region.
Toi Ohomai Institute of Technology is committed to providing relevant targeted vocational and professional education to meet current and future employment needs. You will be part of an institution that will support the region to grow, increasing access and participation and ensuring enhanced education and employment outcomes for our students.
This position is for a Carpentry tutor within the Carpentry Construction Team in the Faculty of Primary Industries, Trades and Infrastructure. This role involves teaching on our Carpentry programmes. As an Academic Staff Member within this team you will be required to teach in the classroom and tutor students; research, review, and update resources and classroom materials; set and mark assessments and enter results; assist with the recruitment and care of students; and actively participate in the team and school environment. Travel between campuses within the region may be required. A key feature of this role is the building of houses by our students and this role will include managing all facets of the construction of The Sunrise Rotary Charity House.
The key responsibilities for this position include:
· Delivery of construction training to pre-trade students
· Providing leadership in student management
· Developing, planning and implementing student assessment, courses and resource material
· Monitoring student progress and results and providing timely and accurate advice and support as required
· Planning and timetabling for the programme as well as assisting with recruitment
· Managing the building of a project – The Sunrise Rotary Charity House
· Actively promoting and applying Toi Ohomai Institute of Technology H&S policies.
The skills, experience and qualifications required for this role include:
· National Certificate in Carpentry/Trade Certificate or equivalent
· Licenced Building Practitioner – Carpentry Licence Class
· In depth experience and knowledge of NZ’s Carpentry Industry
· Good computer literacy skills
· Full New Zealand drivers licence
As a responsible employer and education provider, Toi Ohomai Institute of Technology is committed to the protection of children and vulnerable persons and applies relevant policy and practice to meet this commitment. Successful candidates will be required to undergo relevant vetting and employment checks.
Applications close 4 November 2022
View or Apply
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your email – cover/motivation letter where (tendersglobal.net) you saw this job posting.