NRC (Norwegian Refugee Council)
NRC IRAQ is committed to:
- Equal employment opportunities
- Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
- Localization of workforce
Purpose of the role
The purpose of the Cash and Livelihoods Database Officer position is to support day to day implementation of Cash and Livelihoods Project by managing the beneficiary database, information management system and supporting project monitoring and evaluation interventions.
What you will do
- Ensure adherence with NRC policies, tools, handbooks, and guidelines.
- Implement delegated CC project portfolio according to plan of action.
- Prepare and develop status reports as required by management.
- Ensure proper filing of documents.
- Promote and share ideas for technical improvement.
- Support with referrals to other NRC sectors or through external referral mechanisms.
- Ensure that projects target beneficiaries most in need and explore and asses new and better ways to assist.
Specifically, you will;
- To work closely with the PC to ensure that data collected is processed and analysed in relation to Programme objectives.
- To design, build and maintain Cash and Livelihoods project online or network database storing the most up-to-date data for Nineveh.
- To design and maintain the Cash and Livelihoods project’s online filing system to ensure that data and updated information is archived for easy access and reference.
- To design and maintain mobile data collection (or equivalent like Kobo toolkit) and analysis system for the Programme.
- To report daily/weekly progress to the project PC.
- To work closely with Field teams to ensure that the information brought back from the field is able to be quickly transferred to database systems.
- Reporting cash and livelihoods project data on GORS.
- To share database information with relevant team members.
- To provide data summary forms that may be requested by programme and donor.
- Protection of beneficiary database.
- Preparation of final project beneficiary data and ensuring the data is up to date.
- Any other tasks as assigned by the project PM or PC.
- University degree in a relevant field(s) with a minimum of 1 year experience in a Database position and in humanitarian/recovery settings, especially in complex and volatile environments.
- Experience in designing and implementing database systems for analytical research.
- Familiar with both quantitative and qualitative methods of research and analysis.
- Experience in Geographic Information Systems and spatial mapping.
- General knowledge of NGO M&E systems.
- Strong communication, presentation, and analytical skills.
- Advanced computer skills, especially in MS Office Suite, MS Access, SQL, and Google Earth or other GIS software, knowledge of Mobenzi, Kobo data collection applications and iForm design are also strongly recommended.
- Ability to build and maintain database systems in MS Access and SQL.
- Ability to prioritise needs and carry out multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Handling insecure environment
- Planning and delivering results
- Working with people
- Communication with impact and respect
- Coping with change
What We Offer
We offer an opportunity to match your career to a compelling cause and a chance to meet and work with people who are the best in their fields.
- Contract Duration: 12 months
- Duty Station: Nineveh – Mosul – Iraq
- Health Insurance is provided.
- Salary: G5/S1, according to NRC’s Iraq salary scale and terms and conditions.
We are also looking for people who share our values:
- To be dedicated to what we do.
- To be innovative with our solutions.
- To act as one unified and inclusive team.
- To be accountable to the donors that make our work possible; the people we exist to serve, and to each other… the members of our NRC family.
Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply, for more information please read Job Description
Click on the link to apply:
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your email/cover letter where (tendersglobal.net) you saw this job posting.