The posting is for a Casual RPN Position.
Edgewater Gardens is a beautiful 64 bed not for profit long term care home located in Dunnville. Edgewater Gardens is looking for casual RPNs to participate in direct and indirect resident care activities under the direction of RN staff and the Director of Care. The RPN provides care to residents and assist them to meet their holistic needs. Edgewater has in lieu of benefits, uniform allowance, and vacation pay on top of the listed hourly wage. Parking on campus is free.
Hours of Work:
The RPN works various shifts within the 24 hour day.
- Current membership in good standing with the College of Nurses of Ontario
- Experience in geriatric care essential
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with residents and families.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with other members of the health care team
- Ability to recognize changes in residents’ usual conditions
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Basic computer skills an asset
- Certificate in Gentle Persuasive Approach program or equivalent is an asset
- Demonstrates a commitment to a healthy and safe workplace for self and others (staff, residents, families, etc.) by taking all reasonable precautions and working in compliance with Edgewater Garden policies, health and safety legislation and best practices and completing mandatory education as required
- Commitment to the Mission, Vision and Values of Edgewater Gardens LTC
- Excellent customer service skills
Job Types: Part-time, Casual
Salary: $25.95-$28.11 per hour
- 8 hour shift
Supplemental pay types:
- Overtime pay
To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (tendersglobal.net) you saw this job posting.